Trobalt/LLLT/AM-101/ACRN: Post Here If You Experienced a Reduction in Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by RaZaH, Jan 27, 2016.

1. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Please post here if you have had concrete reduction in T from any of these 3 "Methods/Treatments"
      Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      It's quiet in here. :popcorndrink:

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      tumbleweed.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Aren't there already threads dedicated to each?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      yes , looooong threads with all kinds of tangents.
      Hoping someone will pop in this thread with some sort of conclusion .

• Like Like x 1
    6. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I'm not sure what kind of conclusion you would be expecting. Few have, some haven't, most seem to fit somewhere in-between. We will see a more telling conclusion at the end of AM-101 phase III drug trials. Anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal.

I understand where you are coming from. I like things black and white, and if not that I like to know the odds. But with things that are subjective in nature like tinnitus, it's very difficult to get any concrete conclusions.

Even known and well established treatments like steroids shortly after onset doesn't really have a concrete answer. The direct mechanism of action isn't well understood, it's just been observed that it seems to work for some people and not for others.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      Its a life sentence.

My tinnitus only started to bother me less after I gave up all hope of curing it.

The first year is hell because you are still full of hope that some new innovative cure is just round the corner.

The agony of frantically searching for some vitamin that will "reduce oxidation" or some other bullshit and save the day.

I mean I have been through all manner of emotional and psychological torture dealing with this, its a mental meat grinder. I'm sure everyone on this forum understands that.

Hell, I even had a breakdown...I wouldn't say suicidal though I had contemplated it...I was at the end of my tether for nearly two years.

I tried almost everything.....and it put a lot of pressure on my wife because I believed my life was over and I had nothing to look forward to anymore.

But after two years I decided f@ck you tinnitus. You are just backround noise...so stay there. I am gonna use a tinnitus masker to fall asleep and have a couple of melatonin.

If I go out socializing I put in a small earplug in my left ear to avoid a spike.

I'm sitting in a quiet room and I hear it buzzing and hissing away and I just think "well I could zoom in and listen to the neighbour's washing machine or air conditioner and that would drive me equally insane". So I don't allow myself to zoom into any of it...and it stay there but I just don't let it get me like it used to.

I think I habituated or whatever the technical term is.

I exercise regularly to ensure I'm tired at night...that helps because that's the worst time of the day.

I lost all hope of a cure and I bet I'm happier than most people,with less intense tinnitus, looking for a cure.

I also suffer from tremors in my right eardrum which periodically opens but hey life could be a lot worse....

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I read you loud and clear , thank for your sensible post .
      Trying this myself now, juts getting on with my life, fuck T.

• Like Like x 1
    9. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Basically, the answer for all three is none of them are effective treatments for Tinnitus although the jury is still out on AM101

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I get the feeling AM101 will be found useful for acute onset, but only if it's done quickly after the injury. Similar to, but with a higher cure rate than prednisone. Prednisone itself is a hit an miss.

11. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      IMO yes it is. I have been reading on German T boards for years and because Wilden is German naturally a lot of Germans have tried the treatment. If LLLT has helped anyone it's certainly Dr. Wilden himself. He has been making a great living of this treatment for years. He's not even an ENT or neurologist btw.

12. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I count four.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Jamclem
      Fine

Jamclem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flying then Sport (Probs)
      If you mean ACRN that online sound generator then yes, temporarily but I sleep better with it and I wake up in the morning and do not hear T for a bit :)

14. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      The ACRN works..total silence while i am using it and the T stays low...its honestly like an on and off switch for my T..happy as hell just to have some control...hopefully it will help me more as time goes on..god bless that general fuzz guy whoever he or she is!!