Two Months In

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by alyssalee97, May 10, 2017.

1. alyssalee97
      Badass

alyssalee97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      So, today officially marks two months of consecutive tinnitus. And I just wanted to say I think I can live through this.

I should say that my T seems to be very minor. It doesn't keep me from sleeping and I only hear it when I'm in a quiet room. Sometimes I can hear it over music/TV but lately that doesn't seem to be a problem. But things get better! The first week I was a mess. I wasn't eating or taking care of myself. I just didn't think I could live a normal life with this noise. Then I went through a weird mix of feeling better, then horrible, then better. It would change from day to day.

But I haven't had a real freak out about my T in about a month! Yay! I've started to drink caffeine again ( I do notice a spike, but it's bearable).

I've been taking zinc supplements on/off for about a month.
      Now I've added ginkgo biloba and magnesium supplements too. But that's only been about two weeks.

So, those of you new with T, habituation is possible. My story may not be the best one since mine seems minor, but the stuff you read out there can be scary, so I wanted to leave a positive one.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mike Allman

Mike Allman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High volume exposure
      @alyssalee97
      Congratulations! please, make some physical activities on open air, helps a lot! you will note the difference, I'm one month with this and it diminished the hyperacusia even Im listening to music normally again!, don't lose the faith and keep strong, is a fact that this is a slow but curable illness, doctor recommend me sound therapy to reduce T and train the brain to ignore the sound the same with hyperacusia,... and keep away from negative stuff, stress, or extremely loud places for almost some months! I'm musician but I prefer to rest my ear. Im glad to read your history here!...

Ginko helps a lot too, mixed with physical activities you will have a relaxed day!.

• Like Like x 2