Ugh Crickets

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dubbyaman, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Im gonna murder these crickets in my ear!

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Did your siren go away?

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I listen to crickets for distraction on headphones, wish my T sounded like crickets.

• Agree Agree x 4
    4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Dubbyaman . Hi. Is crickets all you here or do you here other noises. I don't have cricket noises but just a screeching sound like the sound you here when a train brakes hard on the tracks .

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Telis . Hi. So what do you here?

6. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah metal on metal screeching but higher pitched, along with dentist drills all over my brain and in and out of ears. There are ultra high beeps in there as well, 1-8seconds, they change every few seconds and are right in my ear, they hurt.

Also have some weird noise like when you start a gas stove (clicking) along with low rumble (like thunder), those dont bother me too much. Have a bunch of white noise static, same thing with this, not really bothersome at all, easy to adapt to, don't really notice it unless I think about it. It's only the extremely high shrill sounds that I can physically feel and move around that drive me insane, the rest just sound like noises, a bit annoying but easily ignored. The only low pitch sound that bothers me a is a powerful whooshing sound, like high pressure water being pushed through the ear, this come and goes and is usually present when my ears are really sore after watching TV or some other sound for more than a few minutes at a time. But even that isn't that bad compared to the high pitches.

7. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I get a crickets type of sound. Ironically I mask it with... you guessed it - crickets. It's far less annoying when it's not an internal stimulus.

@Telis I feel your pain with the high pitched, moving sounds. I don't have them always. I'm lucky enough that some days it completely goes away (yesterday was one of those days). An electrical zap that I can feel in my nose, mouth, teeth that pulses, changes pitch, etc is my "bad day" though. It's super distracting.

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      this sounds like a neurological problem, possibly something to do with the trigeminal nerve. Have you had a neuro eval?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yes, but he brushed me off. Horrible bedside manner also. He told me that his "billionaire clients would give up all their money to get rid of this, and he can't help them". #great.

I got a recommendation for a neurotologist recently for this reason.

my "main" symptoms are usually crickets by the left temple, or the sound of water running in the forehead. both are intermittent. I have some ringing if I plug my ears. Can't be heard otherwise except for the rare occasion I'm woken up to a tuning fork for an hour or so. Thankfully that has mostly stopped happening. I was getting the dentists drill for the first few weeks. That was by far the worst.

Once again, I find it ironic that the masking sounds like running water and crickets are generally what is making me nuts. It is truly obnoxious.

10. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Telis. Wow!! You're got your head full of sounds. I've just got the one sound sometimes it will go into a high pitch but returns to the norm of screeching. What started your tinnitus?

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Haha. How many billionaire clients does he have!? There are only a hand full in the entire world. I think like 1500-1700 or something like that, seems pretty unlikely that he would even have one of them as a patient.

12. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Started with a slightly plugged right ear, then messing around doing all kinds of wacky stupid stuff to clear it. It was then follwed by ciprodex ear drops and a bunch of other drugs that caused the bulk of the hearing loss. Honestly it's a bit embarrassing so don't really want to get into it. End result my ears/brain are now fucked and my life has been ruined. I should have left shit alone, I would be fine now. I've had blocked ears in the past and just left them alone and they cleared up just fine, should have done the same.

13. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Telis . Don't be embarrassed you doing things to your ears was a sign of desperation. most of us do things in life that we regret later.

14. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Eh - it's Weill Cornell in NYC. It's possible he treats at least one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @Telis did u have any good days where your T is not loud?
      Do u have hearing loss?

16. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yes I have some hearing loss, 40db dip at 8khz, 60db by 10khz and into pretty much no hearing after that. Also have a couple of 20-30 db dips under 8khz.

No quiet days, it's close to the same thing daily, maybe 10 percent lower when I wake and then up after I'm up and around. Doesn't really change much at all.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      @Nonna @Richard zurowski @Telis My t is mainly in my left ear. Right ear acts up every now and then with very low sounds of boiling food in a pot. My left ear is a completely different story. It's usually always the loudest when I awake. It sounds like a electric shaver like sound that either quiets down to very quiet cricket like sounds accompanied by a low level tone or increases to a very loud high pitched siren like sound. Other days are loud crickets all day long. Ugh I hate it. Ive been confined to a wheelchair all my life and I thought that was bad. I just had to listen to loud music all them years. Louder is not better. Why arent all of our stories of suffering in the public eye? Surely there were people in every era of time dealing with this shit yet NO information for the masses.

VIDEO GAME HEADPHONES WITH AMPLIFIED SOUND RIGHT IN YOUR EAR. TURN THEM UP LOUD WITHOUT DISTURBING OTHERS IN YOUR HOME. PUMP UP THE VOLUME AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!!!! and thats just one of MANY many blind promotions of loud stuff out there

18. bbithead

bbithead Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was a machinegunner in the Marine Corps for 4 years
      I finally know what the crickets are, I finally understand!!! I've had my T for a full year, 2 months, 2 days, and I've been able to tolerate pretty well, thankfully so. Left ear primary with an occational drift towards the right. Well, literally a few hours ago the volume jumped so it's almost hard to hear through it, I'm sure it's at least doubled in volume, mabe even quadrupled. And ... THE CRICKETS!!! I hear them!! I have at least 2 steady pitches at like around 925 and 6900hz, maybe another in there, and now the chirping is there behind the tones. My T volume has already upped twice since the onset, but this is wow, pretty insane. I'm so sorry to all who have been suffering with this for so much longer than I. I've put off seeing an ENT because I have been able to tolerate so far, but I think I'm going to have to do it if this is the new normal. If anyone has an ENT recommendation in Northern NJ, Bergen county area, I'm all ears!