Unknown Type of Tinnitus. Help?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MKM, Oct 25, 2017.

1. MKM

MKM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Tinnitus Talk,

First, sorry for any spelling or gramma mistakes - English is my second language.

Long story short, I am not 100% sure when my initial tinnitus started, but around 2013 after a concert it started.

Then gradually over 6 months I also developed TTTS (clicking in the ear when sounds above my lowering LDL occured) - and i have been trying to battle that for many years now.

First question; Any good results/stories in overcoming that here?

I am currently working with a psychologist, whom recognices TTTS, and couples it with underlying psycological reasons, which can be battled - so we are trying to do that. (anxiety and stress)

But in the past 4 months, I have developed a sort of low frequency, unrythmic (not pulsating) tinnitus, sounds like a truck/diesel engine, but it comes and goes, like every 2 to 5 seconds, then it comes back and leaves again.

This last one it so disturbing and it's making me really sad - it came during a major stressfull period, where we were trying to get the keys to our new house, but a lot of stuff went wrong - we have moved in now, but the "low frequency unrythmic tinnitus" have stuck... Can this go away? What can cause it?

I am almost desperate for support.

all the best
      MKM