Unsure If It Was a Paper Towel, or Fullness in Ears Causing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by grotulon, Feb 8, 2017.

1. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It all started when I went to clean my ear, by rolling up a piece of paper towel to make it fit, and pushing it up my ear and twisting, which further clogged it, Bought some of that wax removal stuff and used it, which did nothing so figuring it was impacted earwax I went to my doctor the next day, absolutely nothing. The ear still feels clogged, and i've been on prednisone for 3 days so far, I don't know if this will go away ,

If it matters, it got a bit worse which makes me think that, if it were going to get better, it sure as hell wouldn't get worse first.

It is also not exactly a clogged feeling, but a very faint stuffed feeling. So heres to hoping it goes away.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I hope it goes away too. Perhaps you need an ENT to check out the ears instead of regular family doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss of Unknown Origin
      @grotulon I agree. You likely need a proper ear flushing by an ENT. Weird that you were just prescribed prednisone. It's possible you even have a simple ear infection.
      Anyways, I would at least see a different doctor.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's just theres no pain, recently it feels like something was shifting inside which hurt a bit. i'm also on sudafed now.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      On Sunday, I thought my ears were clogged, this happens a lot so I decided (stupidely) to roll a piece of paper towel enough to fit it into my ear, I hit my ear drum a few times, gently, it made a crunchy sound but it was not loud in the slightest, and the T didn't start until an hour after, now the fullness I felt, I got those ear wax removal kits and used one, nothing came out and when I went to the doctor, he said there was no ear wax etc, gave me prednisone and out I was.

Now I still have the fullness and have taken sudafed for a day in a half, I can feel the fullness most when laying on that ear, and sometimes it's unnoticeable, my jaw on that side also feels a tiny bit in pain.

Could this be a very bad sinus infection? Which one would have been more likely to cause this?

The pitch also has increased, I can't tell.. I figured it would not increase if it were simply an infection, I figured it would go down a bit at least..