Up and Down

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cor, Aug 9, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My T has been really weird for the last week. Every other day it's loud and quiet. Without fail. Quiet/Loud/Quiet/Loud/Quiet/...

With quiet being easily tolerable and me seeing myself getting habituated to that, and loud being heard above pretty much anything, and me not seeing how I could ever habituate to that.

Maybe I need to keep an activity tracker to see what the hell im doing to cause this pattern.

2. Don´t cross that bridge Cor, mine is behaving the same and it´s pretty impossible to figure anything out. The only thing i know is when drinking half a bottle of whisky there be extra buzzing the following day. Just take joy of the low days and the knowledge of that you will have more low days.

3. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Your T is cycling. Does it change with sleep? Mine does. Im experiencing this phenomenom with an every other day buzzing sound that drowns the daily low "eeeeeeeee" sound. Its less intense now on my 18th week.

4. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Jay M yes it changes with sleep mostly. What do you mean with it's cycling?

5. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Its changes in volume everyday like you described instead of being a constant tone. Some ppl on here have said their T has been cycling for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. kenny
      English

kenny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      My tinnitus has been so quite for the last 4 days I've hardly noticed it, but this morning it's spiking for some reason, But am comfortable with the fact that it will settle again:)

7. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Be lucky about the quiet days and get energy for the loud days.
      Unfortunately I do not have quiet days. The dog whistle is always there and heard over everything.
      I don't think you can find out the reason. As Dr. Nagler once said: The predictability of T is its unpredictability.

• Like Like x 1