Update...

Discussion in 'Support' started by dfl, Jul 4, 2016.

1. dfl

dfl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to explosions/stress/who knows?
      it's now been just over a year since tinnitus struck, I was standing by the window of my apartment, wondering if the gathering storm was causing some barometric disturbance in my brain, when it came on, suddenly. I define my life pre and post tinnitus in essentially BC/AD terms. There's been an unmistakable historical devide. My confidence was destroyed, my sanity on edge, my faith I could be normal again. A new life began and there has been a lot of soul searching over the past 13 months. It swirls and pulses electrically with different levels of sound and intensity and in different parts of my brain. It can be maddening. But I have survived year one and even made it through a complete season of work. I still have dizziness and lightheadedness, but bit by bit, I'm working myself back to me. Sleep is still hopeless and I will always miss silence.

• Hug Hug x 9
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      dfl,
      Thank you for your update after a really tough time.
      Hope this year is better for you and you remain positive through any ups and downs....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      It is good you survived the first year...keep hanging in there. Thanks for the update.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      What you said about feeling the baraetric pressure somehow building in your head was exactly what was happening to me. Please read my ongoing success story with update. I'm going much better after recently being diagnosed with a Vargas nerve compression. This nerve is one of our Cranial nerves and it being compressed is somewhat common.
      FYI..
      I'm so much better now.

• Like Like x 1