Valsalva and New Tones! So Scared

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poyraz, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      GUYS! I THINK I JUST FOUND OUT MY REAL CAUSE!

I suspected my T may cause from my ET but I'm so scared now. I just made valsalva method to pop up my ear and suddenly I developed new tonal sound. It was settled down a bit but I have now 3 different sounds in my left ear! What is this? What should I do? I'm so scared if I damaged my ET permanenlty? Oh God my anxiety is at its peak!! I just wanted to make it a bit better...

2. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Never do valsalva. It's dangerous!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did. Why did I do this? I want to die. I don't want to live anymore. This is too much.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is it permanent? I feel so suicidal guys.. I'm so scared

5. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Poyraz

Highly doubtful that you caused any damage at all, by doing that. Your letting your anxiety run wild. Take a deep breath, and relax. People do that all the time I have done it hundreds of times with no problem. Maybe you can kick back on the couch and watch funny movie. Your going to be fine.

Hand in there ....

Louie
      Quietatnight

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Try to calm down @Poyraz, it's highly unlikely you have caused any permanent damage. Don't do the valsalva again and try breathing some steam in; preferably with Vicks added or a couple of menthol crystals.

What makes you believe it's a eustachian tube issue? Are you feeling pressure behind your ear drum, or getting a fullness sensation?

Try holding your nostrils and then swallowing. You should feel the pressure inside your ears change. If you do and you feel more pressure, then yawn to equalise it.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have also done this thing before with no harm at al but I just healed from a cold. My left ear is crackling when I swallow and I have no idea why I did this. Is this thing permanent? Things got bad. I don't know what to do...

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ed209 I think I got ETD because I hear crakling sound when I swallow and sometimes I hear some pressure in my left ear (this is where I got T) when I talk. I used to think doing this method is harmless since I have done this before so many times with no harm. Now, I got a new sound!

9. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Poyraz, don't let anxiety take hold of you. You have to calm your mind down. The crackling sound when you swallow is just your Eustachian tubes opening, it's totally normal and most people hear it. The pressure feeling suggests you are congested, which is why I suggested trying some steam inhalation, with Vicks if you've got any.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I have that. I'm just scared if this is a permanent thing. This sound is so different than others. It is not as loud as I got it from when I first did the method but it is still here and it won't go away..

11. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It will most likely calm down and go away. Stop worrying about it and do something else to take your mind off it as much as possible. Not sure what time zone you're in but a good sleep might do the trick.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was about to go to bed but I'm not sure if I can sleep for now. I'm really scared like I feel I damaged my ear and I'm not sure how to mask it.

13. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Use a light masking sound that's slightly quieter than your tinnitus. Slow your breathing down and relax. Try not to let your mind wander into anything negative.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you so much for your help. I can say that you saved my life tonight. I hope it will perish..

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Virginia1027

Virginia1027 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2013
      Poyraz,

I promise you everything will be alright. If you have T long enough you will learn that it fluctuates even without that maneuver. I so promise that it will go down. It may take a few days because of your anxiety. T is a nervous system condition. Learn to control how your nervous system reacts and you will do a lot better. Your mind will stop paying attention to it (easier said than done, I know but it will happen!). Remember: T ALWAYS GOES BACK DOWN.

Check out a guy named Julian Cowan-Hill on YouTube. He changed my life!

I will pray for you! Stay strong - you will learn to be calm again.❤️

God bless,

Virginia

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It really amazes me how frinedly you all are. Thank you for saving my sanity. The tonal sound is gone now. It really freaked me out. I'm 2 months in this hell and I think I'm still trying to habituate it so fluctuating tinnitus scares me. I hope this thing will be all gone. Thank you so much.

But I want to ask a question. Little bit of pressure on my inner(or middle I don't know) ear has already been able to create o new sound. Then is it likely that my Tinnitus cause from ETD? Or a damage in my inner ear? MR results showed up amazing though..

• Good Question Good Question x 1