Vascular Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by wishingluck, Dec 21, 2015.

1. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      do you know any links where I can learn about BP , carotid problems related tinnitus? I am asking because I only know that tinnitus is called either 'pulsatile' or 'noise induced', but the pulsatile implies that one hears a tinnitus with a pulse only. So how would be the one related to vascular problems, with noises of the continuous type (i.e. there';s no rhythms or pulses) be called?

On the web I can only find either about noise induced tinnitus or pulsatile, but it seems that there's a type with no pulse noise, yet still related to vascular problems. Is that still pulsatile, or do I have to search for something else, and what?

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @wishingluck,
      Hypertension and its related conditions can lead to the creation of humming or rushing tinnitus sounds due to turbulence in the manner of blood flow. This condition will have other ramifications as well. ...lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks Glynis, but does this type of tinnitus has a name? does it fall into the 'pulsatile' category? I am trying to understand what to look for in google, any ideas? thanks :)

4. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I think so but not don't need to have the pulsing beat.....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after all I think it's unlikely it's a vascular problem, because the spikes although happen only in the middle of the night while asleep, they also disappear after a while if I don't get up and still manage to sleep. Unless the blood pressure goes up and down while asleep? I thought it would remain constant, but maybe I am wrong. Still, I did measure the BP when a spike happened, and the pressure was higher indeed.

How do I get checked for vascular problems? Do I just go back to the GP and ask? Thanks

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Have a word with your doctor and see what he says....lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1