Vibrating Ear, Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tom88, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Tom88

Tom88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      My ears vibrate (especially my left ear) when yawning deeply and when burping. Yawning and moving my jaws also make crackling sounds, but this is different. I think I’ve had this for a while, cannot remember not having it. Vibration is loud enough to not hear what someone said when they speak while I yawn deeply.

Strange thing is: when touching behind my left ear, it vibrates for about 1-2 seconds. When holding pressure, it stops until I move my finger again.

Since the onset of tinnitus a month ago, voices and the sound of cutlery tend to make a similar discomfort. I never thought about the vibration during yawning, until now. It does not really hurt, but feels like a broken speaker and is similar to the vibration/humming during yawning but less comfortable.

Is this hyperacusis? Ear myoclonus? It does not happen spontaneously, like a twitching eyelid.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fisher

fisher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m having the some trouble since many years. I have vibration ears in response external noise or my own voice, all the time, both ears

And something rare happens to me, when I touch my right ear I feel the vibration/fluttering also in my left ear

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom88

Tom88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      How do you deal with it? Does it get less/worse and does it hurt?

4. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sounds like Tensor Tympani Syndrome and/or Stapedius Myoclonus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom88

Tom88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Can this be caused by an acoustic trauma?

6. fisher

fisher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My ears are better when I am not exposed to noise or stress

In my case never hurts, it just very annoying, all the time with almost every noise

7. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      What frequency or frequencies is your tinnitus?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom88

Tom88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Hissing around 6740 Hz and a tone around 2130 Hz, although the last one is not always present. Mainly when I wear plugs (70% of the time) or when in bed (20% of the time).

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom88

Tom88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Just now, my Eustachian Tube would not close. I could feel and hear my breathing on my ear drum and my voice was resonating inside my ear as well. All external sounds were fine though. Seems like people who suffer from this have Patulous Eustachian Tube (PET). However, it only lasted for about 5 minutes and started when I yawned a lot. Left side only

I can simulate this again when yawning deeply with my mouth closed and breathing in through my nose sometimes because probably then the Eustachian tubes open up, however I only hear that on the left side. Doing valsava makes both my ears crackle, same as swallowing, however air only really flows out on my right ear.

Can this be a temporary thing, or start of something worse? Anyone has experience with this? I think that this is about 10000 times more annoying than the (my) tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1