Vibrating / Humming Feeling

Discussion in 'Support' started by glennr, Aug 1, 2017.

1. glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      hello all!

Just tossing this out there to make sure...

This last week I've gotten this humming/ vibrating feeling in my head on top of my 6+ sounds and other random chirps, blips and blops (have had tinnitus for almost 6 years)

Anything special I should / could do or check out? Anyone had anything similar?

This humming is really loud when it goes quite around me almost feel like my head is shaking

Well as with most of my sounds I really really really hope it will go away

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I get this humming noise at night sometimes ..

I don't know why..

Maybe look into venous hums?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Will look it up! But im guessing theres not much to be done anyways?

Also with the humming im experiancing light dizziness and headaches. Im hoping theres a virus/incomming cold or something and everything will pass as it passes.. its like having a truck outside my bedroom waking me up every few hours at night

4. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @glennr
      Glenn I had a low hum that seem to vibrate the side of my head too and I went to my Doc he gave me prednizone and in 3 days it was gone
      Hang in there

5. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I had that for a whole year before my actual T kicked in. Strange..

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Im glad it went away for you Carlos1 :) So one day you noticed the humming, went to the doctor and get prednizone and it went away just like that?

Since im not feeling too well either i guess i should take a trip to my doctor. But i doubt i will get prednizone just like that. Most of the doctors around have little to none knowlegde about T :(

7. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Mine vibrating/humming started in march last year I think. I could get vibrations in my ear/head when certain sound made contact with my ears, or when I was drinking soda from a can och eating soop. So it was perhaps caused by some movements with my jaw. And as far as the sound goes, it want all sounds...certain sounds/frequencies could make my ears vibrate/hum. 9 months later I got tinnitus. If it has any connection I dont know.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also remember around my first or second year with mild T i could notice every now and then this mall sort of pulsating humming before going to sleep. But this bouldring humming when things go quite sure is something else :confused:

9. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I had no T problems what so ever when I had this issue.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Alright, that is quite different from mine then.. i dont feel like the "humming sound/vibration" react to sounds or movement and is kind of "constant" when im in silent areas like the bedroom / bathroom etc..

Its not easy seeing any connections with anything T related i think. Atleast for me things have been escalating no matter what i have or have not done:dunno:

11. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      I have low frequency T. Mine always has the humming and DEFINITELY the vibrating. It used to just be the back of my head neck but at night and with little sleep or when Im really tired it vibrates throughout my whole body. Feels like everything is shaking internally. Steroids worked in the very beginning but no more. Been on two separate 5 days tapers it did nothing. Originally before the tapers, the steroid shot in the butt got rid of the ringing and tremors vibrations etc. But came back within 24 hours. Now I'm on xanax and valium (only as needed). I noticed the xanax has helped some. I have been diagnosed with Meniere's so my issues may be a little different. But thought I'd throw in my experience.

12. Mrgshock

Mrgshock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Yes this is brutal sick and horrible. I sometimes get a rumbling noise like my head is almost shaking. If it peaks this early I hope to heaven it dies away, or stops completely. Not months of this terror. As I hear the rumbling, I can pull in low frequency harmonics in other sounds ffs. I hope its not menieres as I've had a floating feeling before, now that has gone. I hope its some blood vessel temporarily crossed combined with stress. This humming could be a spike itself on top of regular tinnitus. Dont loose hope glen that is a vascular problem.

13. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
    14. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      I have this and it is very horrible. My high pitched T is water compared to that awful vibrating/humming :(

Mine is usually only present when I am on my period, so maybe it is a hormonal thing??.....although right now it is also very present, and I am NOT on my period right now, BUT I am tapering off an AD so maybe that is what is causing it......I sure hope it will go away.

15. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Did this ever go away? Did yours sound like a bass type echo that pulses not connected to heartbeat? Like a vroom, pause, vroom, pause vroom, etc..

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think mine was connected to my heartbeat, but yes, it did come with very short pauses in between, so I don't know. It has gotten better: a little more infrequent, but it still appears around my period and lasts on/off for about two weeks .....weird.

17. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Odd, wonder what the period is doing to induce it. Does it ever change in intensity, becoming one sort of continuous vibrating sound until it calms down to more of the short pause? Do you feel secondary effects at all, like a tightness in the ear and or any soreness at times? Is it made worse by using earplugs, or messing with the ear too much, or any other triggers (driving, noise etc.)?

18. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No it doesnt change much in intensity generally, but wind noise and having had ear plugs in and taking them out can often spike it, where it intensifies in the vibration.

19. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Wow, that's insanely close to my symptom of using an earplug in that ear (or even earmuffs) and it intensifying the vibration until it calms back down.

Do you remember the first time you got it? Any specific trigger? Is it in your right ear?

I'm not on AD or anything outside natural supplements so it makes me wonder if it's more mechanical in nature. Do you have some ETD issues off and on, seasonal or otherwise? When it lasts awhile do you feel a sense of slight tightness in the inner ear, even occasional soreness?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    20. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I remember when I got it cause I freaked out and almost had a panic attack. But I can't see any reason to why it started... I didn't do anything differently. Just came on suddenly. I am on ADs. It is mostly in my left ear, only very very little in my right ear... which again makes little sense, cause my tinnitus is due to headphone use, so both ears should be effected equally. I don't think I have ETD disorder... neither my doctor or the ENTs I have visited have found anything wrong. I don't get tightness or soreness at all though.

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Have you ever had a cold/flu when you were battling the vibration? I had a bad cold Wednesday and Thursday, and Wednesday night and all of Thursday I was vibration free. I felt like me again even sick. I was so happy. I had ear pressure from being sick, typical coughing of phlegm and stuffy nose and such.

Somehow, the pressure in my ears and being sick stopped it. Today I woke up and it was back, as I was about 90% better with no pressure in ears, nose clear and only slight cough left. So it does seem to match up that being sick somehow helped.

Very depressing though, as it's come back with a passion today.

Also, have you ever noticed when you have this type of vibrating hum, or before it started, having any slight neck soreness on that side? Any tightness or soreness of jaw below earlobe? Any slight pain in ear?

Thanks.