Vision Dizziness

Discussion in 'Support' started by nmackintosh, Apr 7, 2018.

1. nmackintosh

nmackintosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hey folks, I was exposed to a loud noise just over 2 years ago. I had the regular problems after ear pressure, pain, sound sensitivity, & tinnitus. Had my hearing tested and had no abnormal hearing loss. I somewhat got over the fact I may have tinnitus the rest of my life and tried to continue living my life. Got custom ear plugs and tried to protect my hearing at work and if ever at a loud event. Had a bit of dizziness about a year ago but went away after about a month...

Ok I wasn't exposed to any particular loud noise without ear plugs but had a bit of a stressful period around Christmas. After that I started noticing I would get dizzy if moving my head around and my ear had kind of a different pain. For about the last 2 weeks I have basically been in a haze getting dizzy and my eyes feel weird (sore, trouble focusing, & trouble tracking things with my eyes) and headaches. Went to an ENT and everything looks ok as far as he could see but I am having some more tests done.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this? I have googled everything (bad idea) and know I may have some inner ear damage but I would just like to talk to someone who has experienced this. Please feel free to comment or private message me. Thanks a lot.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It's hard to say as Labyrinthitis or Hydrops and motion sickness could cause it,stress,
      anxiety and Migraines,blood pressure and more.

Log any problems as will help diagnose the problem with more tests.
      Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nmackintosh

nmackintosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Ya it's really weird. Never had any vision problems for 2 years after my accident

4. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Sounds more like high blood sugar or high blood pressure and not related to tinnitus.

5. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Hi, I have experienced the exact same thing. I got my tinnitus /hyperacusis after being exposed to a loud sound. I had the same reaction to this noise with pain, tinnitus and sounds sensitivity. I also had a few bouts of dizziness. Now, after 2 years my symptoms have gotten steadily worse, my ears feel clogged up all the time and I have lots of pain. The ringing is intense. I get headaches now and more dizzy spells, like when bending down or turning. My hearing has steadily deteriorated. The only loud sounds I've encountered are MRI with muffs and plugs, and certain hearing tests (LDL test, acoustic reflex test)... These have made my condition worse. I don't know what to do anymore, I really sympathise for you. People (including ENTs) underestimate the damage that can be done by loud noise.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nmackintosh

nmackintosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @Blue28 that sucks sorry to hear that. Hopefully we can feel better. Mind if I send ya a pm to talk?

7. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction