Waking Up Stressed and a Question

Discussion in 'Support' started by MonkLN, Jul 18, 2015.

1. MonkLN
      Sunshine

MonkLN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04-2014
      Hi all,

First of all, im from the Netherlands, my english isnt perfect, so bare with me.. ;)
      I have a "mild" T since april 2014. May this year it spyked and my reaction was like the most of you have or had. A lot of stress, anxiety etc etc. I went to the ENT and everything was fine with my hearing. After a few weeks it got much better (i didnt noticed the T most of the time during the day and i was sleeping ok). Since two weeks i have a relapse. The T seemed louder again (or my focus shifted to the T again) and i got the same reaction as in may this year.. Since a few days i sleep on Oxazepam which make my nights a little bit better but every morning i wake up at 5:30 and my T is very loud. No matter what masking i use, my brain is making my T always a bit louder than the masking i use. Sometimes i manage to fall asleep again which will take 30-45 mins. But when i wake up i still am full of stress. I am thinking to stop the masking and just sleep in a quiet room. Maybe my brain wont tune up the volume so that when i get out of bed my T wont be as loud as the last week.

The strange thing is that my T is much milder in the evenings (most days). Sometimes it happens at 5pm, sometimes at 8pm. My mind and body are more relaxed for no reason i can think of. So thank god falling asleep is no problem for me. But when i wake up i am full of stress again. Are there more people who have had this? Maybe it has something to do with my brain activity or something..

I know it will get better, i keep telling myself this. I know this for a fact because 2 weeks ago everything went great. I was living my life again and enjoying everything again. So the relapse was a full frontal fist right in my face.. But i notice some improvement again. Hard to not focus on my T..

Well, as i am typing this my mind is in a relaxed state. This week i have an appointment with the local GGMD (sort of institute for people with hearing problems). They have a specialized program for people to learn howto manage their T. Next friday i have an appointment with a personal coach who is coaching people with T and H.

The things i did 2 months ago and doing again (stupid me thought everything was ok again a few weeks ago and went back to my old habbits like too much work etc).

- Stopped reading T forums and expecially horror stories.
      - Did a lot of mindfullness exercises (breathing), sometimes 4/5 times a day.
      - Just get it together and started to do the things i liked even if i had 0 energy for it.
      - Started to ride my speedbike?/racing cycle? again.
      - Talked with alot of people who or have had T, or just wanted to support me.

Last thing is that i want to wish you, who are reading this all the best!! <3

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Have you had your blood pressure checked? Do you get hot through the night? I hope you feel better soon.

3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      I've relapsed three times now. It's not nice when this happens its back to the anxiety depression thinking your T is worse .I'm ok now and I'm sure you will be to..... Wish you good health

4. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Can't offer much insight but mine is worse on weakening at the moment. I agree that this causes a huge amount of stress and anxiety

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MonkLN
      Sunshine

MonkLN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04-2014
      Blood pressure was ok last time it was checked.

@Evian, yeah i know how you feel. I feel the same way.. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

6. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Yes it's a dreadful start to the day, especially if that start is at 3am or some other awful time

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MonkLN
      Sunshine

MonkLN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04-2014
      Sometimes i manage to get myself more calm by doing some breathing exercises in bed. This morning i went outside for a 30 min walk. While walking i was talking out loud to myself that i needed to stop worry. I needed to be positive, not only for myself, but expecially for my 2 sons and girlfriend. Strange thing i noticed is that my constant thoughts stopped and i was calming down. I spoke out some of my thoughts (will this be forever bs etc) and also spoke out the awnser to those thoughts. Most of the time i had no awnser or realized that my thought just weren't true..
      But still, it's hard to start the day like that.. Hope it will get better soon.

8. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I think you just have to do what you can do. If speaking out loud does it for you then that's great.

I did try some of this myself as I read a success thread of someone who had T for years (40?) and got control of it by making statements out loud about their T. Like I hear a you but I do not fear you.

I'm big sure if I can do that yet as I am still pretty frightened and also mourning my lost life/future - I know I should be grateful for what I have already had, but that isn't working for me at the moment

This has come to me later in life but I am still devasted, as like you I worry about the impact on my husband and young adult kids who still live at home. I need to carry on for them otherwise my thought take me to dark places.