Wax Problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marylou, Mar 8, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Marylou

Marylou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown but suspect stress
      Hi, I've had T since 2012. I have got to the point where it doesn't really bother me any more.... until last Friday!

I went to the doctors recently with headaches. She decided they were sinus related and she mentioned my ears were very blocked. I decided to treat the wax starting on Friday with Hydrogen Peroxide drops.

When I started, I could still hear although it was a bit muffled. Since the drops, my ear has become more blocked and I'm pretty deaf in it. This ear is my good ear, which is why I started treating it before the other. I now have a ringing sound in it which I don't think used to be there. I am wondering if this is because the blockage has worsened or have I damaged it somehow with the drops. Last night it briefly unblocked, for 15 minutes and the ringing was still there!

I'm wondering if I should have it syringed or suctioned, or anything else anyone can recommend?

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would keep up with the drops as will loosen the wax and get your ears checked out if need the wax removing.....lots of love glynis

3. Don A

Don A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Several years ago I was cleaning my ear with a syringe, I was pretty aggressive due to the blockage. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN I started hearing this loud whistling, hissing sound. I stopped cleaning but the sound remained. Not knowing what it was I went to an ENT, who advised me that I now have tinnitus. I never heard the word tinnitus until that day. The ENT finished cleaning my ear with a microscope and special tools, but the "ringing" remained and is still there today 24/7. My fault that I now must live with.

4. Marylou

Marylou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown but suspect stress
      Thanks Glynis, I'm just scared I've damaged it with the drops really? Do you think I have? I just used the ones recommended to me but don't think they are the usual ones people use. 'Otex' the ones with the same ingredient, have a warning not to be used by people with T.

Sorry about your T Don, how annoying. Try not to blame yourself, if your ears are as blocked as mine are, I don't blame you for syringing them yourself.

I'm hoping my T just sounds loud because nothing can get through to mask it. I've booked to have them suctioned on Thursday, as there was a big wait for syringing, I'd have to block them up even more with olive oil, and I can't put up with it that much longer!

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try Olive oil drops from the chemist with a little dropper for a few days and get your ears checked again to see if the wax has moved.
      .....lots of love glynis