Weed-Induced (?) Tinnitus Started 5 Months Ago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LaneH5, Mar 25, 2019.

1. LaneH5

LaneH5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Weed
      Hi everyone, so I’ve been experiencing a high pitch ringing in my ears accompanied by panic and anxiety. This all started about 5 months ago. I got too stoned one night and freaked out. I had the ringing in my ears. And voices in my head. But the next morning I woke up just fine. Told myself I was never smoking again. I was fine for a month or 2. And then one night. I had another panic attack and ringing in my ears.

It’s now been 5 months. And the ringing is still here along with the anxiety and panic.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I’m starting to worry I’m never going to get better.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. sirhand
      Anime

sirhand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/20/2018 4:30 pm
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      4 hour (apparently too loud) headphone session
      When you were fine for a month or 2 was the tinnitus gone? Is the tinnitus only during panic and anxiety attacks? Was that the first time you smoked weed? Did you have panic or anxiety attacks before that?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LaneH5

LaneH5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Weed
      Yes the tinnitus and the panic and anxiety were all gone for that month after. But then one night I had another panic attack accompanied by the ringing. (I was not high). It wasn’t the first time I’d smoked weed. I’ve smoked off and on since high school. Nothing crazy tho. But I have experienced anxiety and panic while smoking other times too. I will no longer smoke. The ringing definitely is louder when it’s quiet. And gets louder the more I focus/freak out.

4. sirhand
      Anime

sirhand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/20/2018 4:30 pm
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      4 hour (apparently too loud) headphone session
      It sounds like the tinnitus is more connected to the anxiety than the weed. But the weed could have triggered some anxious tendencies inside of you. Since the tinnitus went away before, it should be able to again.

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
    6. Stayinganon

Stayinganon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I have had 3 major episodes of somewhat of what you are describing when I used a cartridge but a few more with regular tree. Just curious what form you used? The cartridge ones was where I almost thought I was dying.

I had been smoking for about a year and a half without any problems whatsoever but there was just one day. I had a friend over and he had been using his cartridge for a while, it was almost empty, neither of us took way too much (about 2 blinkers each). About an hour into it we both just looked at each other and it went something along the lines of both of us asking if the other was ok and both of us said no. We both started having panic attacks, rapid heart rate, and very high blood pressure. He had cold sweats and looked pale, I didn't, I just panicked.

After that we both had said that it's a bad idea to keep going with smoking but after all that promise didn't last.

Afterwards I have smoked another time again using a cartridge and had 2 blinkers which was the norm and everything felt fine for the first 20 mins of the high, then I knew something was wrong. Same thing again, rapid heart rate, feeling of impending doom, serious panic but there was also extreme ringing in my ears. I could barely hear anything beside the ringing and couldn't think. This time I was sweating and was pale.

Promised myself never again but sometimes you just cant kick habits, so after about 2 weeks I smoked again out of a cartridge and the last experience was at the back of my mind which I think had set it off but this time I was having a full anxiety attack with the ringing, sweating, shaking, couldn't control my emotions at all and was extremely sensitive to noise. It took a few hours before I got through it but I ended up ok thankfully. The scary part of it is that I only did it the last time because I could remember what happened the first time. I had severe ringing but I was unable to recreate those emotions and feeling of impending doom which is only scary because it's your human instinct telling you not to do something because of past experience but I was unable to fully remember. Same with my last time ever now, but I know it's bad enough, I don't want to go through it again. I've been sober for 4 months now and haven't had any problems.

I had very light tinnitus before and still do but this was something else.

For anyone that looks this problem up for answers take my advice and if it's happened at least once I would just stop smoking altogether.