Weird Humming/Vibration in Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by RGallagher, Nov 21, 2016.

1. RGallagher

RGallagher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello - I've had this strange humming/vibration in my right ear for the past two weeks. It actually started in 2012 and was on/off for awhile and then completely went away for almost two years. Now it's back. It's this vibration humming that sounds like a car running idle. I feel like it's more in my head than my ear because I hear the slight ringing in the ear too (which is normal).
      The humming is not a constant sound, it varies in rhythm. If I plug the ear, it goes away for a few seconds once I take my finger out. And if I shake my head side to side, I don't hear. It's driving me crazy.
      Any ideas on what this could be? ENT's don't seem to know.

Any help/advice/info would be great. Thank you!!
      Rachel

2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Over 5 years for me and still counting...:(
      Consider yourself lucky if it's not constant but comes and goes.

3. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Ent suggested I had
      ETD. Gave me some nasal spray which hasn't worked. Gave me pulsate tinnitus. And iv stopped taking the pulsate heartbeat noise has gone. Thank god. Only if I bend down it comes back. Iv got a review in January. So I don't know what he's going to say.
      Mine here more then not. I'll have an odd day without it. But the majority of time it's been there. Some days worse than others.
      Exactly the same if I put my fingers in my ears it goes. And if I shake my head too.
      Have you got normal tinnitus too.?

I had this humming vibration noise before I hadn't tinnitus so I didn't know if it was related or not

4. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Could be a venous hum. I have a pulsing hum which is louder today than usual. Difficult to get used to. I have my hum now since July. I would prefer just the ordinary T thank you.

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Just out of interest, do you any of you have heart mumurs?

6. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      No I don't have any murmurs

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RGallagher

RGallagher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have slight ringing but nothing loud. I can hear that on top of the humming. I just want an answer on where it's coming from. Ear problems are horrible - anything beyond the eardrum tends to be "just live with it". No heart murmurs that I know of :/

8. Ksy24

Ksy24 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know this post was a few years ago but I am having the exact same symptoms and it’s driving me crazy! Has anyone gotten relief or still having the vibrating hum sound?

9. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work