Weird Sensations Over Head

Discussion in 'Support' started by monkey legs, Apr 1, 2018.

1. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      Hi folks,

I have these weird sensations all over my head. I dont know if I have always had these, and my anxiety is driving it. Anyone else have weird head feelings along with Tinnitus. Also feeling massively depressed and fed up.

Cheers.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The sensations that you are feeling all over your head could be an indication of stress building up, particularly if you feel a tightening around your forehead as if band were in place. Some people feel pressure is being applied to the top of the head pressing down. As you are feeling depressed I advise you to have a word with your GP about how you are feeling. Best to nip this in the bud hopefully an antidepressant will help

All the best
      Michael

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The ADs i took made me worse Michael.

Cheers.

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      AD need a time to build up @monkey legs. If your tinnnitus is intrusive and you are trying to cope with it on your own, without medication or counselling, then this isn't a good idea. The issues you are having with work, caused by the tinnitus can make stress, anxiety and depression build up fast. Please believe me I know what I'm talking about. Either take something herbal like: St John's Wort, used for mild depression or take prescription AD. You need something in my opinion. Please read posts on my started threads, regarding tinnitus and one's mental well-being.

Michael

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Anxiety ,tinnitus and maybe a bit of brain fog.
      See your doctor and AD meds could help its just finding the best medication for you if need it.
      Love glynis

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Michael,

Whats driving me crazy is not really knowing whats going on in my head. The ENT says im all clear (according to his fibre optic inspection), but I still have the same symptoms. Apart from the tinnitus, I have this weird jelly/tingling feeling in my head.

I have a CAT scan on April the 7th. In a strange way I hope they find something so I can go ok "So thats what it is"

I have jaw problems to, so I see endless trips to the doctors trying to find out whats going on.

Cheers.