Well, Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nok3, Jun 26, 2015.

1. nok3

nok3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/26/15
      Hey, I'm Matt.

I'll try to type this as conceited and sweet as possible.

I'm 18-years-old, completed high-school last year in 2014 and ever since being any 18-year-old in Australia, I've been attending clubs on a consistent basis. Unfortunately last week I noticed a faint high-pitch ringing sound in my head constantly which can be masked by luckily most sounds unless I merely focus on the sound whilst it's being masked by a quiet enough sound (far away from a television indoors).

I'm not sure if it's tinnitus or not, I personally believe it's just a sound that has been lingering since real young and I've only noticed it last week since it is very, very faint. I've been suffering from anxiety the last 2-3 years, so I believe that may contribute to believing it's more serious than it actually is.

I noticed it when I wear over-the-ear headphones on my PC and there's complete silence, it appears more amplified so to speak. However when I remove my headphones from my head, the noise stops completely until I focus very hard on it. Sound also alters when I position by jaw back and forth, it changes the pitch.

Anyway, if I have it, I have it - I'll think positively. If I don't and it's just my anxious self, then woo.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. barbara r.
      Balanced

barbara r. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      prolonged loud noise
      Sounds like mild tinnitus. Be a little careful and avoid super-loud venues, if possible. (Earplugs might help if you can't avoid noisy places.) You don't want it worse. I've had an annoying high-pitched buzzing for past 6 months, since I had the flu. Before that, I had a faint but real buzz/noise for 5 years. It was a bit entertaining, cause it changed and sounded like faraway voices or radio music at times. I thought I was hearing some faint radio airwaves...
      5 years ago, I was exposed to some extra loud music, and my T began. If you read some of these posts, you can see people can really suffer from it. So, keep yours mild. I just got 2 hearing aids to mask the tinnitus and help mild hearing loss. Expensive, but they work well. Still adapting. They have settings with soft zen music that I like. Anyway, good luck and be well. I partied in NYC clubs a lot in the 80's and 90's, and probably started the damage then. As I write, this insect buzz in my head is such a 'pain'. As my brother said, be aware of it, then don't pay attention to it.

• Like Like x 1
    3. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey man , i am in the same situation as u , don't expose ur self to more loud music like I did in my car when I go to places :p , just keep it that way and that mild tinnitus will probably go away in a month maybe

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nok3

nok3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/26/15
      Yeah, I've been listening to loud music in my car recently to-and-from work. That'll now be a no-go. Not overly keen on going to clubs anymore besides some smaller bars which produce lower volumed audio, thankfully. Hope you get better.

5. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      That's right man , take care if you're hearing and try to get you're self some steriod pills , it will help!! Good luck !, to me music is my ultimate healer to anything

6. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      When my T was mild, if I used headphones my ear start ringing more and the volume gone high till I took it out. When my T raised to a higher level I discovered I have reactive T. So maybe you have reactive T, but your T is mild and you just notice it when you put a sound too close to your ear. Just two advices. Stop using headphones and avoid loud noises. Preventing today is not regretting tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1