Went to ER and Got Prescribed Some Meds (Betahistine & Methylprednisolone)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pavlos, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Pavlos
      Fine

Pavlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown, Sound Induced, Medication
      Hi everyone, so sorry for making another thread. This is a follow up on my other thread but a separate occasion.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...a-terrible-mistake-morse-code-tinnitus.23258/

So today my ear feels very full and hurts and the on and off beeping like morse code drove me to severe panic attacks.

I got the impression I couldn't hear that well either from my right ear. But I'm not sure if that's stress or panic or I don't know....

I decided to go to ER and get it looked at. However once I got there and explained them the nightclub story and how I have pre existing T, they informed me there's no audiology team present since it's the weekend and they called the ENT at home.

He prescribed me Betaserc 24mg and 8mg of Medrol (methylprednisolone). They also told me in case of hearing loss it might be a bit too late, but well worth the try. They know I have an appointment with my TRT counselor who is also an audiologist on Wednesday. And basically told me to wait it out with the meds until then.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm scared they might worsen my T.

Any help appreciated

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Betaserc is Betahistine that can reduce tinnitus.
      The other is a steroid to reduce inflammation and help hearing damage for some people in early onset aucustic trauma.
      Love glynis xxx

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pavlos
      Fine

Pavlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown, Sound Induced, Medication
      Thank you for your reply. I took them both, hopefully it'll still work a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Far
      Worried

Far Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Did it work?