What Can I Do?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vherrifordtynewm, Jan 3, 2016.

1. vherrifordtynewm

vherrifordtynewm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months
      I have had this humming in my ears for two months I don't know what to do, it is driving me crazy. I try to use mind over matter, but my heart is beating funny and I feel anxious. all I want is just a little relief, I tried something I saw online and it made the noise louder, called ring relief only five drops in my ear made it worse. I cant sleep, I am a 78 yr old grandmother, I was a young 78 age never bothered me, but now if I died today it would be relief. my ear appointment is not until the 11th of January and from reading this forum, a doctor can't even help. this is unbelievable.

2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello and welcome! I am glad that you have an upcoming appointment with an audiologist. Hearing loss might be the cause of your tinnitus and hearing aids might be helpful in reducing the T. Keep posting and let us know how things go with your appointment. It is good to see an older person using social media for help. You are a young 78!

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree. If hearing loss is the reason for your T, perhaps hearing aids will make it better. Keep up the hope. Tinnitus is quite common these days. Millions have T. Our friends may have T that we don't know. Celebrities have T. If you google 'celebrities with tinnitus', it will be a long list, people like Barbara Streisand, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, David Letterman, William Shatner (Star Trek), many other famous singers and musicians etc. Most people suffer initially, but over time they get better. William Shatner said he was suicidal initially. But in this 1996 video, he seems much better, talking in a comedic way to David Letterman who has 2-tone T himself and says his T is like the Emergency Broadcast System on test mode 7/24. LOL. Hope you will find something to help you, especially masking. Here is the link to the video, and some links for masking sounds. Take good care & God bless.

David Letterman with William Shatner - March,...

Masking sounds:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

If you need more masking sounds, here is free ‘aire freshener’:
      http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

Rain sounds are soothing indeed. How about making your own rain sounds with this rain generator (just move those bars up & down):
      http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/rainNoiseGenerator.php

4. steffievdboom

steffievdboom Member

You are so positive billy you are helping a lot of people!!