What Could Be Causing This?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I am wondering if anyone had any ideas on what is causing my symptoms or had a similar experience. Before anyone feels the need to tell me, I know that you are not drs. I am not getting anywhere with drs so I thought maybe I would see if anyone else had a similar experience.

A month after my daughter was born I woke up with tinnitus. A week later, I felt like I couldn't hear well. A few days later, i was very dizzy. The dizziness lasted about 3 days. I got some Prednisone and started feeling better. I still was having times when I felt like I couldn't hear well and was occasionally dizzy. The dizziness was before or after eating, after rushing around or driving. I also was having headaches that felt like someone was squeezing my brain and the bridge of my nose. My hearing was tested numerous times. It has always been normal. I never lost hearing just felt like things were muffled or under water. I had balance testing those were normal too. Now, I still have the tinnitus but haven't felt like I couldn't hear or dizzy much at all.

Even though my other symptoms have been better, the tinnitus is probably worse. I hear my heart beat loudly. When i bend my head down the sound gets very very loud. I have a low droning sound that sounds like a light saber and a ultra high pitch that fizzes. These come and go. I think the droning sound might actually be blood flowing by my ear, bit I'm not sure. I have a constant high pitch and an oscillating one that are always there. I also hear crackling. Sometimes I can't open my eustachian tube. When I do or swallow it makes a loud noise.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks for listening.

2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I also have this low droning sound if I move my neck or if I'm laying down. I think we have something going wrong with out necks but since it is very mild and intermitent I will not wonder about it.

Have you seen a doc about your neck?

3. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      You seem to have multiple things going on, outlook probably bleak. :( Your tinnitus started in 2013?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      No. 2/27/16

5. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      It says 11/2013 in your "Tinnitus Since"?

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Idk guess I'm losing it

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus is common in pregnancy and can take a year for your body /hormones get back to normal and monthly periods etc.
      Stress and anxiety can cause the dizziness.
      Keep your doctor in the loop how you feel and your tinnitus....lots of love glynis

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      My neck is out of alignment. I am sure that is not helping things, but idk if it could cause this many problems. I thought you got your tinnitus from withdrawal. Or do you have multiple things going on?