What Do You Use to Keep Calm and Level?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reverb99, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Reverb99

Reverb99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure, Stress
      So I’m only about a month in with this tinnitus and I’m learning as I go along.

Keeping calm and lowering my stress levels reduce the ringing in my ears. I do daily meditations and self hypnosis. I eat a healthy diet and lowered my caffeine intake. I started taking the Ginkgo Biloba “Tebonin EGb 761” which after day 4 of taking helps with a feeling in my right ear of being unclogged. Like a opening. It brings some relief.

The ringing is still going on but this opening sensation feels great.

So what I’m reaching out today and asking has anyone out there used Tebonin EGb 761 and experienced good results?

I’m always in search of doing natural remedies than conventional medicines. I had a bad reaction to Valium and it make my tinnitus worse.

My second question is what opinions or experiences does anyone have on using Hemp Oil with high dose CBD and also the GABA capsules?

Thank You All !!!

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I take Ginko every 3 hours and that seems to take the edge off. I use water sounds in my extremely quite office to mask it. Then I drink booze to go to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also take CBD oil in moderately high doses.

• Like Like x 1
    4. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What are the effects of the cbd oil? It's becoming very popular now, but I always thought the cbd was only effective as part of the whole plant, not as an extract. In other words, getting rid of the thc gets rid of the synergy between the different properties of the plant.

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You could be right. "I have heard" from "a friend" that, sometimes smoking weed in the middle of the day spikes their T and causes anxiety. But other times, "my friend" will work a full day, exercise, lift weights, and then at the end of the day, drink about 150-200 mL of vodka, then once the innebriating effects of vodka kick in they will smoke a couple puffs of high grade weed. Their T goes completely out of their conciousness and they sleep great and wake up well rested and their T is almost completely gone for a good part of the next day.

My personal experience with CBD oil is that it has an anti-anxiety property that doesnt act on T directly but it does help the emotional-tinnitus feedback loop that we all know exists.

6. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There are cafes popping up here and there that have coffee and tea with cbd. I thought of trying some, but I was skeptical about the claims for anti-anxiety effects.

The plant itself has anti-anxiety effects, but I assumed that was the result of the thc, not the cbd. If the cbd works without the T spike, that would be awesome. Maybe I'll try some tea and see for myself.

7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Any type of supplement can build up in the system and possibly not be as effective IF consistently taken. I have bought almost all of them and tried them in my 30 years of living with tinnitus. I have found the NATURAL route to work very well. A good diet + exercise + meditation + and tranquil/nature sounds. My tinnitus this morning was probably a level 12/10. It was extremely intrusive and destructive. I went to the gym and lifted for 1 hour + cardio and my non -maskable beast was not even on my mind.

I am all for supplements, but do read about both the pros and cons of using them.

PS- If you do take supplement, do follow the proper dosages and how much you can take...