What First Aid Is Beneficial After Noise Exposure?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Heleneti, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Heleneti

Heleneti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud screams
      I have suffered from a number of very loud screams recently from a pupil in my class where I am a teacher.

It has gotten very bad in the last week and I have not slept more than one proper night.

I am getting bioresonance, acupuncture, craniosacral treatment and work with mindfulness and CB techniques, I am a CBT therapist myself.

Doctors gave me cortisone after much pressure but it makes no difference.

What else is important to do ASAP and not wait with?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Some people take a course of steroids, prednisone, after an acoustic trauma. Some go do a course in oxygen chambers, some take vitamins such as magnesium, NAC, and turmeric.

I am sorry you are not sleeping and are dealing with an acoustic trauma. Perhaps take a few days off of school if you can, and regardless, get some foam ear plugs to bring to work for the PA system and recess or lunch duty, or noisy situations. Best of luck and be careful, schools are noisy...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Winter

Winter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire explosion
      Hej!
      Har också fått kortisontabletter men endast 15mg per dag i 5 dagar (började idag). Vilken dos fick du utskrivet av din läkare? Har något du testat hjälpt något? Är desperat att hitta något som lindrar men verkar omöjligt.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Pawel1
      No Mood

Pawel1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      I agree 100% with Daniel Lion. Your Tinnitus can heal itself today, tomorrow, next week, maybe next month.. Can't tell, but there will be many things you can do, and you have lots of time to try different remedies that Daniel Lion has mentioned (They're pretty much harmless.) If I was in your shoes, I would avoid doing things that make your Tinnitus louder (For example, high intensity physical activities.)

I'm sorry to see the circumstances in which you got Tinnitus.

5. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced