What Is This Shadow-Buzzing Sound That I Hear When Exposed to Loud Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ariana807, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Ariana807

Ariana807 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am new to this site. I posted an introduction, sadly no responses.

Anyways, one thing that I have always wondered about; what is the «shadow-buzzing» I hear sometimes when exposed to loud noise for too long, and is it related to my tinnitus?

I have had the «high pitched tv sound» ringing in both ears for around 10 years. One thing that happens when I am exposed to too much loud noise. Say its a party at a friends house, just me singing in the shower with music on, at a place where they speak in a microphone etc. I can sometimes get a «shadow-buzzing» noise.

It is so difficult to explain this. But lets say this is after a shower, and I am drying my hair, and drag the towel over my hear. You hear a brushing sound, and then after the I have physically finished the motion, I hear the same motion, the same brushing except the sound is buzzing, like an old radio with bad signal, maybe crackling is a better word for it... Yeah, I call it a «shadow-sound» because its the exact same motion of sound, its just buzzing instead of «real» sound. It always go away after a few minutes away from exposure. I try and limit this from happening, as its almost a little painful, not totally, but a little, maybe, its been awhile since it last happened.

I have always wondered if this is related to my tinnitus? If this is a form of tinnitus? Wondered what this is?

Anyone that have experienced the same? Anyone who just knows stuff?