What Is Your Klonopin Dosage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      What is your Klonopin dose and do you take it to reduce the ringing or for the anti-anxiety effects?

2. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      .5mg doesn't really do a lot for me but I need to try more I think.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Anyways. I was just wondering. I was taking .5mg at night but then wanted to taper down to .25. But then today it was bad this am and I took another quarter tablet. So it looks like I average .37 mg / day. I feel like such a failure taking any things. Cause I never did before. My wife who is a PA just says if it helps take when you need.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I take 0.125 mg for a night or two every month or three.

• Like Like x 1
    5. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Scott that's about exactly my current dose. I've recently dropped out the daytime dose and just use it to sleep now. I don't really think it does much for the condition itself, but it certainly helped my through some hard times.

You're not a failure BTW.

6. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I have a bottle of .5 mg on hand to take in case of spikes but I haven't had the guts to take one because I'm so worried about becoming dependent. Now here I am in the middle of a big spike thinking I might cut one in half just to see if it helps....

I am so sick of tinnitus, already.

7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @BuzzyBee I was advised by my consultant to take 2x 0.5 clonazepam/klonopin when my tinnitus is severe. I only take it occasionally, and for no more than three days and haven't had a problem of being dependant. It doesn't help everyone with tinnitus although I found it helps me. If it is taken on a regular basis, the body quickly habituates to it and more is needed to get the same benefit. That's when dependency can set in.
      Hope this helps
      Michael

8. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Thanks Michael. That does help. I'm just trying to make it through the evening and going back and forth on whether I should try the pill. The doctor gave me a bottle with 30 .5 mg tablets and said using 1 as needed would be okay. My family wants me to take it, too! I may finally give it a try.

9. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @BuzzyBee
      Tinnitus comes in many forms and intensities and no two people experience it the same. When it is severe it can be very debilitating. You haven't said what caused your tinnitus? Exposure to loud noise is the most common and listening to music through headphones at too high a volume or, attending places where loud music is played. If you have done any of these things regularly then it's likely "loud noise/sounds" was responsible.

If you listen to music through headphones I suggest you stop, don't even listen to music through them at low volume. Some ENT Drs tell tinnitus patients that listening to music through headphones is fine, as long as the volume is kept low. These Drs are good Ear, Nose and Throat physicians. They know all about the anatomy of the ear and are able to treat it medically or surgically. However, the majority of them have never experienced loud intrusive tinnitus. Therefore, they know nothing about it. I also don't believe they are tinnitus experts as this calls for another set of skills, that I wont go into at this moment.

Try to avoid quiet rooms and surroundings especially at night by using a sound machine. I have written an article for people new to this condition, and you might find it helpful. It explains how to use a sound machine. Different treatments and coping methods for tinnitus. If you want to read it please click on the link below.

I hope that you start to feel better soon.
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

10. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      @Michael Leigh thanks for the support!

I'm going to provide you some more info in the other thread you linked to since this one is about Klonopin.

11. Steven 2060

Steven 2060 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Severe eye stress & strain working non-stop at computer
      I take 2 mg. of Klonopin (clonazepam) daily, in divided doses. Have done so for years with minimal tolerance developing. I’d be lost without it. My T developed in my left ear from severe eye strain and stress while working on a massive computer project, staring at a monitor 12 hours daily for months on end. Computer dry eye syndrome developed simultaneously. Although I have mild-hearing loss in my left ear where I experience my T that mirrors my tinnitus frequency, I am convinced the source of my T is a neural transmission hyperactivity in the brain. My T disappears while sleeping, for which I have long taken a sleeping aid (zolpidem).

• Good Question Good Question x 1