What Prednisone Dosage Did You Take?

Discussion in 'Support' started by John_415, Feb 15, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey all,

In week 6 after onset my ENT doctor gave me 7 days of 30mg of prednisone. (gave some improvement in tone and volume).

Now I'm 8 weeks in and got 60mg of prednisone for 10 days, from a different ENT since I can not get in touch with my current ENT doctor to get any for about 1,5 weeks and don't want to wait. It seems a bit high to me, I am just wondering what dosage of prednisone most people on this forum got and if anyone has experience with this high of an amount of prednisone.

I am 70kg so, its not like im a heavy weight or anything. Just wondering what dosage people had/have here and if its not a bit on the high side.

2. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      @John_415 - I'm on my 2nd prescription of Prednisone and I developed tinnitus a few weeks ago. 1st time through I took 60mg daily for a number of days and then an eventual taper. Right now my new ENT has me on 60mg daily for 14 days, then gradual taper. She says if that doesn't work, she'll inject me in the ear with a steroid.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @housemzk
      Thats a lot, plus your really early in getting some Prednisone. High chance of it improving for you I think.
      I was told to take 30mg in the morning and 30mg in the evening, the thing is I get really hyperactive in the evening because of this stuff. So its gonna be a long 10 days. Good to know im not the only one with such a high dosage.