What Solution? Nothing!

Discussion in 'Support' started by snow47, Dec 30, 2016.

1. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      Caution: It's just hopeless.
      Last 2 week, I started new treatment for my TMJ. Doctor gave me split and needle therapy on my face.

The day after that Ttnnitus decreased to half and after two days my ear fullness was almost gone. Even my hearing was better. I found my concentration. and I found hope. I came back to normal life. It continued for a week. Even I wanted to post my success story.

But Pity. After that week of life, fullness ear came back, tinnitus increased, is now even louder than before. With I think a new sound. Now I think I have severe tinnitus. I can hear it every where, in car, metro, ...

Habituation is possible? Yes, but when your tinnitus is low. When it is severe, habituation is impossible.

I can't kill myself. I'm not so brave.
      What can I do now? Nothing, just accept this torture.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Joel4
      Cheerful

Joel4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016 (not sure)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, head injury
      Oh, I feel so deeply sorry for you.
      But don't say it is hopeless. Not yet.
      You have to be positive if you really want to get better. Don't accept those terrible thoughts.
      I'm pretty sure that if you change the way you think, tinnitus won't be a problem anymore.

3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Sorry to hear snow. What does your t sound like?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hear three sound in my ear one of them is constant and two others are Pulsating.
      sound one of them like fluorescent lamps. and others I don't know.
      And Some times I can hear heart beat.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Snow,
      Maybe you would benifit from white noise generators to help mask the sound.
      Mouth guards /splints can take a few weeks or months to get the full effect.
      A soft food diet can help also.
      Tinnitus can be hard to cope with so we have to learn what helps us get through a tough spike and build on that and our emotional response to it...
      I hope your tinnitus settles down for you...lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      It means you're on the right path with treatments of this type, you can be cured, that's great no?

7. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Honestly, spiking T is escalatory not in small part because our anxiety raises as it increases in volume. You need to kick this habit to the curb but not easy. You see, you were suffering a false hope that your tinnitus would improve due to your treatment and when you had a spike most of us experience with this disorder, you freaked out and made even worse. Fortunately most of us aren't brave enough to take the long dirt nap as our fight for self preservation kicks in.
      I assure you, there will be better days ahead. Hell, you may learn that your treatment tends to aggrevate your T and after a few more interations decide to get off the crazy train of treatment which may or may not help.

On a whimsical note, this is all a grand test (not). We are all undergoing this trial to build profound tolerance and empathy for other's suffering and then a cure will be found and we will all be the better for the experience. ;)
      Sorry bad joke snow, but all I or anybody has. Acceptance of T up's and downs is all any of us have right now...that and alcohol and occasional benzo...but use b's sparingly...notice I didn't say drink in moderation. ;)
      Here's to a better 2017 for all of us.

• Like Like x 2
    8. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Your post is pretty positive actually. You have found one way of diminishing your T, getting rid of your ear fullness and get some hearing back. That's a big clue! Something is working somehow, so you need to dig deeper to understand how it affected it and why. With trial and error you may find your (real) cure soon.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just 28 years old. I have Tinnitus, Hyperacusis, TTTS, TMJ, Sinusitis and Breathing problems. It' too for me in this age. I tired to be sick every day.
      Actually I think Tinnitus is good if you have it for one month. Because you understand the health is very important and you try to live better. Before I haven't care to that before. Now I know what I miss.

• Hug Hug x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe you right. But I don't know this is spike or not. I have spike before and this is new to me.

• Creative Creative x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      or maybe I'm in wrong path:cry:.

12. DShrades

DShrades Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 1971
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      menieres
      Hi Snow,

While the return of tinnitus (and to a new volume level) can be discouraging, you could draw hope from the fact that it did abate, you did find something that made a difference. Maybe the treatment that helped you isn't a cure, but it is a treatment. Could it be repeated?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi DShrades
      Actually I fear from any treatment. Because they maybe cause your T increased.
      I know I can't habituate to this condition. But I have no other choice. So I just tolerate this. Maybe 30 years from now I must suffer without guilt. and one day I'll look to the past and I'll see how my life destroyed:cry:.
      I just wish my life not take that long time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Dude if I were you I would be jumping for joy! The fact that you saw an immediate improvement after the splint means you are on to something. There's light at the end of the tunnel! Keep on trying to find the solution. Now you have a hypothesis that you can test.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    15. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies