What Steps Should I Take Next with My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Not sure what I should do next for my reactive tinnitus (gets louder with sound).

First I would like to say that my tinnitus on avg is more annoying than anything and the sound is prob not as loud as the average person's tinnitus. I sleep OK 90-95% of the time. But my tinnitus is like a weight on my shoulder's. Also I would like to add I only have tinnitus recognizable 90% of the time. The other 10% I can't even hear it unless I try to hear it. What should I do next in the list below:

1.) Physical Therapy on my neck. Since I got my tinnitus from misaligned jaw and neck issues my neck has gotten worse. It is way more tighter and I've lost prob 20 degrees range of motion left and right. Also it feels weak.

2.) Go back to the dentist and have her loosen my night splint. Shes already tightened it 3 previous times and the right side is very tight. Maybe if it's loosened my neck will not be as tight possible.

3.) Go to tinnitus retraining therapy.

4.) Go to doctor's and get a RX of something that could get rid of my tinnitus like Prednisone... Ive had tinnitus for 6 months now.

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to weigh my decision.

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Maybe jaw physio and maybe a day guard ...
      Love glynis

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You are taking lots of action. Wait and see how things turn out, 6 months out is not really a long time. let time do its thing, gain some feedback and then determine your next steps. This board will always be here to support you :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      My neck is getting slowly worse though.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Also I'm thinking until my jaw/neck get into their original place or close to it, the T will last forever.

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If your neck is getting worst, then possibly see a DR to help you out. I have fibromyalgia and my whole body is pretty much in pain all the time. For me stretching and exercise has been very helpful.

TRT was very helpful for me, I did this 25+ years ago and it has helped me out.

If you have found a good DR, then possibly do the therapy.

PS- I read your post wrong and thought, you were already doing these things...my bad :)

7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tinnitus has an unpredictable nature. It can come and go for many reasons. Certain things might seem to be causing it. If you feel a certain issue is causing it, then possibly address it. We can try to address our issues, if they work..wonderful. If the tinnitus stays, then do know that you can still live your life. No matter how loud or not loud, the tinnitus is....we can still live our lives.

Wish you the best of luck in your journey :)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      When I get good sleep, my T is minimal the next day.