What Tinnitus Is This!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark Griffin, May 24, 2015.

1. Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi all,

I'm going through Anxiety attacks and depression and have lost my habituation which is a real shame. I've recently started getting echoes to certain frequencies, like a beeping to every sound like applause on the telly or the kettle going. Really frustrating. That's faded somewhat but yesterday i got really high pitched T and clogged full ear/hearing loss in my left ear out of no-where. It took about 3 hours to return to normal. What could that be? Stress related i would assume?

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Mark, yes, stress is a trigger for T. The clogged ear feeling is something that a lot of us get when we first get T, the clogged feeling would come and go for about two years. ait really did not bother me, it is the T that's the real problem, I have four or five different sounds besides that constant hissing. These different sounds can be vary for each person with T. I am glad that it returned to normal after 3 hours.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi,

Cheers for the reply. Don't get me wrong, i've had T since Feb last year and have had all sorts of tones (currently a low hum at times as well as the high pitched hiss and scream) and i had habituated quite well to it. It's just my mental deterioration recently must have effected it somehow as the tones i originally posted about are in my 'good' ear. The fullness together with the tone yesterday were very frightening.

4. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      The beeping is also what I know have ...I called it electric zaps, but it is ...well like you set beeping in reaction to other sounds.... it isn't even that loud ...it is just that you notice it. I talked about it with a friend of mine and his (bleeping) also just started a view week backs...just like mine. I'm sure I did not have it before....I hope it passes though....it is getting more and more on my nerves. Just like you I was habituatet almost fairly well and got depression and anxiety attacks in december...they became less now and all of a suddon I got the beeping/electric zaps stuff.... Perhaps it's part of a proces we have to go through or something...realy weird, but more people have this.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Well I'm awaiting an appointment for CBT so hoping that will help with my GAD. I wish I could stop putting T high on my daily priorities. My family and working life is suffering.