When Are You at Risk for Bone Conduction Related Damage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Taylorslay, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      I hear about bone conduction but when do I know it's not safe? Is it when I can feel the vibrations? Is it when I can hear other things vibrating due to the sound? Please let me know because I understand the concept but I don't know when it's a risk.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @Taylorslay

That's a very good question ? I have thought about it myself, and you know I have come to the same answer. It's just like tinnitus in general, we never know for sure when enough is too much until it's done and over with and we end up later with a spike. I just try and learn from my mistakes and not do the same things again. When I do something that effects me, I just Add them to a list and try and remember to not do it again. I really think that's our best defense from it happening again and again.

Good Luck

Louie

Quietanight

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I spiked my H and T because of bass a week ago. My family is playing a movie on the TV about 50feet away the bass is shaking the walls and I'm in another room trying to sleep and all I hear and feel is boom boom boom. I'm just worried.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just worried

5. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @Taylorslay

Try not and worry, I have found that the lower frequency sounds like Bass usually has less impact on my tinnitus then the high end sounds. Bass from your TV, should not cause you any lasting problems for you. Try to get in a good night sleep tonight. I bet in the morning your not going notice any change. I get spikes when I use my electric shaver with the vibration directly into the bones in my face. But it settles down the next day after a good night sleep. The bass from your TV was not even direct contact. All kinds of sound deflection in your house.

Worrying is only going to increase your anxiety and we know that can increase your perception of your tinnitus, it's counter productive.

Very good chance that your going to be fine.

Louie

Quietatnight

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1