When docs suggest a drug that is on the "naughty" list

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, May 19, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Chardon, Ohio USA
      Tinnitus Since:
      how do you handle it when you research a med that was recommended? My neurologist wants to try Cymbalta and Trilepal but I see Cymbalta may cause ear issues, frustrates me so much. Any suggestions? Thanks
    2. shan

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      @Leah I don't think anyone can have an easy answer for this. It also depends on who you ask - a tinnitus patient or a doctor. I had that issue too even though it was just antibiotics in my case so I can choose not to take it without much detrimental effect. The logical answer is to ask the doctor for alternative medication/treatment plan but then again it depends on the medical condition and having a doctor who is able to understand our fear.

Every course of treatment has side effects and doctors can only advise based on probability. So it still scares me when I am prescribed medication. However, I guess it is a choice of the necessary evil, pray hard and dealing with issues when they come. All the best.