When Does This Get Better? All I Can Do Is Think About Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christokp, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Christokp

Christokp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      All I can do is think about tinnitus. I can't concentrate at work. Can't sleep. I used to be so productive. Having a rough time. How am I supposed to live like this...

Any tips on what to do?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi there,

you just got tinnitus and it will take time to adjust and move forward. Everyone had the same issue you had and it took a good amount of time to move forward. It is natural to focus on this thing, when we get sick or something new happens ALL will focus on it as well.

You CAN live with this and life shall go on. Let me share something with you, my ears are beyond poor hearing wise and i have to ask people to repeat themselves. My tinnitus is super high pitch and it covers a great amount of my hearing in both ears. I still ask people to repeat themselves, it can be frustrating but thats ok. my motto in life - "IT IS - WHAT IT IS" I have poor hearing, i have tinnitus. This doesn't change the fact that I also live a life and will keep living it, no matter what.

The right mentality is crucial, when it comes to tinnitus and living with it...

Only time, love and lots of support makes this situation easier. Be kind to yourself and things shall be ok..

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Christokp
      I advise you not to use headphones even at low volume. Please click on the links below and read my articles on tinnitus, that you might find helpful.
      All the best
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-to-tinnitus-what-to-do.12558/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is how I felt one month in. That was the worst time for me.

Hopefully in several months it will get quieter or the pitch will change in such a way that it will be easier to ignore. You are also bound to begin habituating.

What I learned (and this has been confirmed by many posters on this site) is that the way T feels at any given time (especially in the first three months) is NOT how it will feel in the long run. I know it is difficult to believe, but chances are it will be true for you.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      To answer your question, hopefully you will begin getting better during your third month. That is certainly when many here had reported seeing some improvement. It could take up to 6 months or longer, so get ready to have your patience being tested...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christokp

Christokp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @fishbone thanks for the words of encouragement. I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

@Michael Leigh thanks for the threads. I will read them.

@Bill Bauer thanks for response. I hope I begin to habituate or better yet it fades away.

• Agree Agree x 1