When Enough Is Enough

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tweaker, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Anyone with chronic, severe 24/7 screaming T in both ears will probably know how it feels when you think "enough is enough". I feel like my T has reached such titanic proportions that I really can't put up with it any longer. After barely surviving another busy stressful day at work, I got to my car and just bawled my eyes out because of sheer mental and physical exhaustion. I dread another sleepless night and the next day at work. How do we carry on this like? Any advice please. I pray for restoration or grace to see me through. Coming up for 6 years now and in my case the T has steadily worsened.

• Hug Hug x 14
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Tweaker,
      I know what it's like as mine is the same too but now wear hearing aids.
      I would see your doctor to see if he can help you with sleeping.
      Have you seen audiology to see if they can offer white noise generators or hearing aids ?

Try off load what you can to reduce stress at home and in the work place as stress will feed your tinnitus.
      We are all here for you and happy chat to you on the phone anytime....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      It's like you're reading my mind. Same boat as you, every day is a struggle.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tweaker
      Transparent

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks guys. I know I'm not alone. Glynis, I have white noise maskers but dont find I get much help from them. You are always positive which is nice to read. One day at a time, I guess. Keep battling on but I feel like giving up at moment.

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      @Tweaker do you have the in ear hearing aids that also mask? Maybe you need those... Sorry to hear about your rough day. Why is you T getting worse?

6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I pray God's grace for your life. He is our source of strength... One day at a time ok. Do not think about tomorrow right now. Just know that you are not alone. Take a hot bath with some epsom salt and a few candles to help you relax. Bring the noise maskers into the bathroom to help you also... then slip into your most comfortable pajamas and take some chamomile tea and maybe a little magnesium. :) Read the Word of God, it will give you peace and comfort.

Talk to your doctor about your sleeping problem, he can give you something to get you through these days. Wishing you brighter and easier days. Stay strong.

@glynis Do you have the in ear maskers?? Do they help you?

• Like Like x 3
    7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      • Like Like x 3
    8. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @Tweaker.
      A stressful day at work will certainly not help. Stress, anxiety, and depression certainly seem to act as catalysts for T. I have just got a night sound machine and I am trying this plus my WNGs during the day, and the Back to silence method. I know it's not easy, Best wishes Phil

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @OnceUponaTime ,
      I have maskers and wore them for a few years and really helped me as was a better sound to listen too.
      I now have duel purpose hearing aids with built in maskers settings off my lovely audiologist ....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      As a result of putting into practice the back to silence thread recommendations, I am back to almost not caring about my t again. I am not hearing it for long periods at a time, and when I do, its not as much of a bother. Such a simple, but powerful strategy to push t into the back seat. Focus on your reactions (I feel ... when I hear my t) and not (omg...my t is so loud. I cant do this anymore.............)

i can guarantee that my t has not changed in volume or frequency. But, my brain now knows this noise isn't important and is getting on with things that really matter. That means for me on an awareness level, i don't hear it as much or care too much when i do!

i hope this helps

xxx

• Like Like x 2
    11. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Is it just sleeping that you have issues with? This can be solved 100 percent for sure. My T is blasting all the time, I sleep with no issue at all. Prior to T I had a hard time sleeping, I was always too excited about the next day so couldn't sleep, too much running through my mind, I slept maybe 4 hours a night on average. I now dread the day with T, and sleep 10 hours a night. I have no anxiety when it comes to my T, maybe this makes a difference? I'm not sure how I sleep with smoke detectors blasting in my head but I crash out no problem! Im just saying that it can be done, I'm not sure how, but it can become a non issue. If I can do it, I'm sure that you can too! I function at about 1 percent of what I did prior to T during the day, but sleep way better, kind of strange I guess.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hi im only 15 and I had ringing in my right ear like a high pitched ring today is the 4 day now it started when I was sick and nose was clogged, my ear felt plugged and a few hours later that's when I hear the constant ring. And my mom keeps trying to say theirs water in my ear because the night before the ringing started I took a shower and as I said the next day Monday, my ear felt plugged. And she said it'll go away and she won't take me to the hospital. Please help should I be worried, and will it go away PLEASE REPLY I can't live with it.

13. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hi im only 15 and I had ringing in my right ear like a high pitched ring today is the 4 day now it started when I was sick and nose was clogged, my ear felt plugged and a few hours later that's when I hear the constant ring. And my mom keeps trying to say theirs water in my ear because the night before the ringing started I took a shower and as I said the next day Monday, my ear felt plugged. And she said it'll go away and she won't take me to the hospital. Please help should I be worried, and will it go away PLEASE REPLY I can't live with it.

14. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Boy,
      I would see your doctor as you could have wax build up or tubes blocked up from your cold and sinuses stuffed up and the doctor can give you something to clear them.
      Ask your mum take you again and make sure she listens..lots of love glynis

15. MichaelO
      Angelic

MichaelO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I use Resound tinnitus masking 'hearing aids' that both generate their own sound and allow me to transmit music or sounds from my MP3 player to them. I also use headphones at times. Stevearrison has a good set of masking sounds at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008QBI76E?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0 and on iTunes. I find that with my high pitched 'ringing' tracks that have intermittent high frequencies in them work the best. Hope this helps. Michael

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tweaker
      Transparent

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Telis, sleep is a huge problem. Always has been since T started. I wish I could overcome the sleep issue as that would help me feel better. I took half a sleeping tablet yesterday and slept a bit so today was better than yesterday. I guess one day at a time and try to not to have catastrophic way of thinking. Just feel so rubbish a lot of the time though.

17. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Tweaker ,
      Sorry to hear your finding sleeping difficult at the moment.
      Could this be to a big work load and stress or more to do with your tinnitus ?..
      Lots of love glynis

18. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Tweaker, I use a Hometics nature sound machine, which has six different nature sounds. I put it on my bed and zone out to cricket sounds. Without it, I'd never sleep.

19. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I don't seem to need to mask at all now that this technique described in the back to silence threads is working for me...

I wished I had known about this in the beginning...

• Like Like x 1
    20. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnitus shouldn't be masked as the brain cannot habituate to the tinnitus if it cannot hear it. I understand that some people may not like to use sound enrichment at night. However, if the onset of tinnitus was caused by exposure to loud noise/music etc, it would be prudent to use sound enrichment always in my opinion. Many people that I have talked to that have habituated to their tinnitus, have stopped using sound enrichment at night, only to find their T becoming Intrusive again over time. Michael

• Like Like x 1
    21. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Severe tinnitus.

22. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Dear friend,

My tinnitus is old 2,5 years and it worsened 7 times. I said to my parents I will end myself when time comes. I used trobalt had good effect and became immune. When time come i Do it and that is it. Worst think is to be tortured by mother who consider she has right to tell you how to do and behave and stress you even when you come to visit so you are not alone.

I came and had to go to my room sound proof where computer blow sound that is so hard on my Hyperacusis .... terrible. And she intentionally smoke so i cant open a door of my room.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      YOu will force your mother to take you to doctor becouse you may have permanent tinnitus just becouse some simple problem. Tinnitus is hell. I would say to my mother if she does not take me to doctor i would never again speak with her in life and hate her for not helping me. Tinnitus is nightmare. Force her to take you to doctor or burn the house! Parents are stupid, find a good doctor, not just someone who will look and say it is oK, go home.

24. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Hey, I think that your tubes are gummed up with mucus from the cold. Go and sit in a sauna, it will probably just clear up.

• Like Like x 1
    25. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Thanks that's what another person said I haven't tried it yet

26. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      She is taking me in two days, she has no car.

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      In two days may be too late! You need to go today or possibly face a life time of agonizing noise :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      How we have no car I'm praying

• Creative Creative x 1
    29. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      i would never kill myself
      being an austrian is too cool :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    30. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @boy good luck and let us know how you get on at the Doctors.
      Don't worry Their is help boy..lots of love glynis