Which Treatment Would You Choose If You Had the Possibility, Time and Money?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MJv, May 19, 2017.

1. MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      If you had the possibility, time and money. Which treatment would you choose and why?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I been at this game for almost 30 years. Bought them all and tried almost all of them. I haven't ran into a cure for tinnitus. I am not negative person, but there are so many people trying to make a quick buck from us and I simply just try to better myself and my understandings and coping. This is my cure, I will keep trying stuff, if they seems promising but, I don't expect miracles anymore...

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      @fishbone
      Do you have hyperacusis as well?
      Did you try TRT, stemcell, white nois generators?
      I also do not believe in a cure for myself unfortunately. It's a struggle

4. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      There is not much available now so most likely nothing. But once hearing generation is possible I will do that regardless of the cost

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I would do rTMS, if only there were no reports of it making some people's T worse.

I wonder whether being shot with a Taser has a higher chance of making T better compared to the chance of making it even worse...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      @Bill Bauer
      I didn't know what a taser was.... So looked it up (English is not my first language)
      Perhaps the shot would help, but I think there is a greater chance it will worsen

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It was mostly "tongue-in-cheek" (humorous). But sometimes I am fantasizing about doing something that would snap the neurons making this noise out of it, and Taser just might be the tool to do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      @Bill Bauer
      Yeah :) it was clear to me that you meant it like a joke.

9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      During my early years with tinnitus, i did do a treatment for the "hyperacusis". It was an expensive one and it seemed to work a bit. I'll share this with you guys as well, I use to be obsessed with how loud noises were and would ask my audiologist, if this level of sound was ok for x amount of duration. Guys/gals this is going to only add stress to your life and make it worst. observing the tinnitus all day, makes you obsessed with it and it raises the stress.

I eventually, said to myself that this thing, is not going away and I accepted it and DIDN'T question it or dwell on it. I am human like all of you, but once you get tierd of something, it's not worth it anymore. I use to ask WHY, HOW, WHERE..all of it in the early years. After that, it just hangs around , and i careless if my ears ring or not. I care more for the hearing issues that I have , than the tinnitus. I keep going to my martial arts class and I do believe that my hearing might be suffering. That's ok, I feel alive and do what i LOVE to do and no tinnitus, will stop me from going to my class and doing what I love. The day i stop is the day god tells me that it's time to join him in my future home :)

10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My point, is that tinnitus is horrible, but life is a great thing and you live it once. Don't let tinnitus stop you from being happy :)

11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are assuming that the reward will exceed the cost. This will probably be the case for many people. But the cost could be screaming T, and I don't think one would be happy knowing that they kept doing something that eventually led to violent T...

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      Good to read that you managed.... But a lot of us can't due to several reasons.
      Not every t and h is the same

13. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Living a good life doesn't mean damage your ears. You just recently got tinnitus, give it some time and your outlook can change.

14. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You said that martial arts is bad for your ears. After reading posts on this forum, I see that T can worsen when people with compromised ears do things that are bad for their ears.

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It seems pretty likely to me that nearly anything which can interact with tinnitus neurology has the ability to make things better or worse.

We don't really understand nearly enough about what TMS/RNS/etc are doing to have a clear picture of what protocols should be, and it seems possible that they need to be highly customized to an individual brain.

16. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The worst part is that it will most likely (based on past outcomes) make things better, while the small chances that it will make things worse will prevent many people from trying...

17. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've only seen a couple reports of TMS making things worse, and without long-term blinded controlled studies, I have no way of knowing if the TMS was actually the thing which made things worse for those unfortunate people.

But, yeah, we need a loooooot more data.

18. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Id sell everything I own for a treatment that would for sure work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If I had the money, I would buy a private island. Probaby somewhere tropical. It would be lovely and quiet and peaceful. Beautiful views, waves lapping on the white sands, serenity. And I wouldn't be lonely there because I'd invite all my TT friends to come and enjoy it with me. :) We'd still have T, but imagine how different it would be if we didn't have to worry about noise all the time.

I'd also fund research into curing T and H and then I'd give the cure away for free.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Since nothing else has helped in ten years of this, a road trip to Wyoming or Montana, maybe a week or so in Colorado would do me some good.

• Like Like x 2