Whistling, "Vibrating" Tinnitus in Right Ear on Top of Normal Tinnitus, Please Assist

Discussion in 'Support' started by strato2009, May 12, 2016.

1. strato2009

strato2009 Member

So I have had this about 6 months now. It started when I was massaging my jaw, now I've heard this whistling, morse/vibration like (altough sometimes it goes constant without the pauses) sound non stop and it's only in my right ear and is lower in pitch than my normal tinnitus which is in my both ears.

It seems to get louder if there are certain frequencies in the room, like a fan blowing.

It becomes louder if I close my nose and blow air "to the ears".
      Has anyone had this kind of tinnitus? It is really annoying compared to the normal tinnitus and I hope it goes away.
      I already tried to stay away from caffeine for two weeks and tried muscle relaxants but neither one helped. Perhaps I should try quitting caffeine for over a month?

Anything else I can try?
      Or what could be causing this? I know it's not due to loud music or accident.

Thanks

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      Perhaps this is due to a bloodflow change near the ear or muscle tightness, you could attempt to relax as hard as you can.
      In particular you may have a temporary overpressure in the middle ear which should be solved by clearing the Eustachian tubes.
      If it really becomes louder when you create more overpressure in your middle ear it's something that can be treated by an ENT.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      strato2009

strato2009 Member

Thanks for the insight, it really could be due to eustachian tubes.

What kind of remedies are there if it's because of the eustachian tubes?

4. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You could use a nasal spray for a few days, or boil some water add one of those menthol tablets or a hand full of salt and hang over it with a towel over your head for about ten minutes. Don't inhale too quickly.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      strato2009

strato2009 Member

I will try the nasal spray with oxymetazolin as starters and see if it helps. Really hope I can solve this issue. If I do I will let you know. Been driving me crazy

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      strato2009

strato2009 Member

Any suggestions on what else could be the cause?

Also when I press my finger on my right ear the sound increases noticeably.

When I try to move my ear by itself, I can also hear a crackling noise(can't be earwax though). Could it be something in the middle ear?
      I will also try to get an appointment to a professional as soon as possible.

thanks

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      strato2009

strato2009 Member

I also have noise distortion increased(at any loud noise) in the right ear which coincided with the onset of this new tinnitus sound.

8. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You know.. I've had the same thing. Whenever I move my ears and try to clear then I hear very loud cracking.
      But I don't have any sound distortion. I think the cracking is due to not being able to hear the loud frequencies anymore and it being weird now when we produce those sounds in our inner ear conductively, without there being a sensorineuronal signal.

9. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Yes I have this. I have tinnitus in both ears (central brain ringing) which isn't so bad, but then, underneath the tinnitus is the sound of three birds chirping, coming and going, however one of the birds is really loud and his chirps can always be heard over any noise, they are fast and last only a nonosecond, however it fluctuates between chips and sometimes there are 4-10 overlapping chirping noises in just 1 second. It's so distracting, so much more than normal central brain ringing. Feels like nerve damage, tinnitus isn't supposed to make noises and change so fast back and forth like this! This all happened one year ago when I was diagnosed with labrythitis, the ringing did not ever improve, vertigo took 4 months to stop. I think we can help eachother, I'm going to find a cure for our specific tinnitus, of its nerve damage then the stem cell program at Kyoto university in Japan has successfully regrown mouse auditory nerves using stem cells, for now a hearing aid with a masker tuned specifically to the noise of the birds will help. I use a hearing aid (even though I have perfect hearing) because it has a masker, my audiologist and I created a tone that covers the spectrum of bird noises, this way I'm playing a noise in both ears to cancel the fluctuations of the right ear, hope that makes sense, so messed up these noises are, and in only one ear? I was suicidal and in four mental hospitals and had to sell my business because of this! The hearing aid has allowed me to sleep and I'm no longer suicidal ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    10. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I also have this, seems like it's only in my right ear too, like there are really high pitch fluctuating noises "inside" of white noise, for example I hear high pitch "vibrating" when near a fan, the toilet flushing, or a car passing on the highway, they all now seem to have high pitch frequencies I never noticed, even watching sports games I get this echo of high pitch vibrating morse code sounds. We weeee mee meeee meeeee pe peeee teeeee tee te me we wee tee peeee. Maybe this is what they call hyperacusis

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      strato2009

strato2009 Member

What I have noticed most helpful with these problems is music at low volumes whenever I'm at computer or just hanging around, no earpods though. Also what helps even more is ignoring the sounds, the more I ignore the more natural the ignoration becomes and with time the sounds are lowered in intensity, it currently is the only cure for tinnitus it seems.

I also noticed for some reason especially radiator noise can cause increase in some of the tinnitus frequencies, and with european climate there are certainly radiators in almost every building. THIS seems to be the factor that increases the sound in my right ear the most. Outside the tinnitus seems much better, even in a quiet place.

I wish you success and improvement

12. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

My T is truely catastrophic, but it could be much worse I'm realizing there is no end to the depth of suffering, there is no worst case, believe it can always get worse. That said I've had my ears tested and the left ear is functioning at 45%. Which is weird because my right ear is making noises from labrythitis infection. I tried for a year and a half to ignore it, I literally could not function, sold my business. It's the bird in my right ear and he CANT be ignored, four mental hospitals and one hearing aid later I'm no longer suicidal because of the hearing aid , my audiologist and I created a tone that covers the spectrum of bird noises and it plays it in both ears this way I'm playing a constant tone in BOTH ears to mask the annoying chirping noise in my right ear. Absolutely a life saving game changer, I was going to kill myself this year if I had to keep hearing that bird but the masker actually covers it and I sleep with the hearing aid and I don't hear any bird all night and all day . So thankful for the hearing aid .

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1