Who Else Likes Overcast Dreary Days?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HiThere, Apr 25, 2016.

1. HiThere

HiThere Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Delivery by forceps? Childhood ear infections?
      I live by Lake Superior which due to its size and the way it affects the surrounding climate is much like living next to an ocean in the northern hemisphere. Gray days can be the norm. I may be weird this way, but....I like gray dreary days! Sure I like sunshine, but as a general rule, I'm happier on a gray day. Maybe having fair skin has something to do with it.

Anyone else like days that are overcast, dreary, rainy, cool, cold or blustery?

Chris

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @HiThere . If you love dreary, rainy, cold, windy days. Come to the UK you'll love it.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HiThere

HiThere Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I should think I would. It would be an improvement since I'm also used to snowy winters that can last as long as eight months (usually six) and temps can be well below zero degrees Fahrenheit. You don't have that there.

I do not tolerate high heat and high humidity well so cooler climes work best for me.

Chris

4. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      Colorado has a ton of sunshine. It snows one day and is sunny the next. We are in between seasons. Still snows and rains here and there. I love rainy days. So soothing.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HiThere

HiThere Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ years ago I had a friend who lived in Manitou Springs. I went out to visit her there for about six months. It's a beautiful area of our country!

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm from Ireland so anything other than a wet dreary day in not familiar with;)

7. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      @HiThere born and raised here. Couldn't agree more. Kind of wish everyone moving here would leave.

8. Raiz3R

Raiz3R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone/ear bud use, Gun, Work,
      Actually I hate the sun. It blinds you, burns your skin, can give you cancer. What is there to like? Hate the heat. Favorite time of the year is fall. And here in Indiana you can really see the season change. Love the smell of burning leaves in the autumn air. So do I like dreary days. No.... I love them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    9. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      I love dreary, rainy, cold, windy days. We get a lot of that in England. Raiz3R is absolutely right in my opinion. The warmest I can tolerate is 18 deg C. The trouble with our climate is the awful humidity. That comes through being surrounded by sea that's never far away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Jordyn
      Angelic

Jordyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 10/17 - in remission, late July/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - possibly earphones.
      i like those days but also the days when armageddeon storms -thunder or snowstorms - are coming that shut down the city. lol. makes me feel like i don't have to be responsible for anything except shovelling maybe ...

11. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yup, I love those too, for the same reasons as everyone else. The cold and rain are never a problem, that's what clothes and umbrellas are for. But there's hardly anything you can do against the scorching sun.

For my photography, blue skies are boring, but cloudy skies add mood and character. And fog is great too!