Who Successfully Got Rid of Their TTTS, Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jonathanvg, Sep 17, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      hey i have tinnitus over 2 years 6months ago i got mild hyperacusis and TTTS symptons i have sometimes full ears and fluttering and numb cheek does it get better or am i doomed ?

2. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Hi @jonathanvg . I have all three too. It did get better for me over the several times it relapsed. Don't worry too much. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      I've had pretty severe hyperacusis since around July/August last year, and it has drastically improved over the last few months, albeit I've experienced a few set backs along the way but it's improved significantly. I've also had TTTS symptoms even before getting tinnitus and it seems to correlate with how stressed I am, I can go weeks without noticing it but then I'll have a few bad days here and there.

Hang in there and stay positive! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      thanks all, i think my annoying TTTS symptons are facial numbess tense neck and my tinnitus react on sounds cause of it

5. Ornitoring

Ornitoring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma for repitition
      Hi jonathang and colleagues. Is not cochlea (inner hair cells) which orders ear muscles?

You will better, you need time but I think not cure. After 4,5 years I continue having TTTS and hyperacusis. I think Im adapted my new life, change habits. The TTTS most annoying. When ear muscles are tense=TTTS

Stay positive (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October, 2012.
      That's awesome to hear dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I also noticed tight neck and tingling and numbness in my face.
      If this is a cause of H would not just relaxing some muscles be enough to fix it all?

8. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      i think its the TTTS that give us these issue's

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. shenandoah

shenandoah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have been on TRT program for awhile and stress management and that honestly helped. When talking I wouldn't experience that reverb/echo/fluttering sensation. Then I was in a stressful bind for a few days and it once more worsened significantly. To the point where even opening my front door seemed to aggravate it. Tugging around the ear would initiate a flutter/ear contraction. A couple things seem to help (besides the usual lowering of stress which is vitally important, running to loosen up a tightened body, relaxing the ears) 1.) continuing with TRT (which probably no one is doing but keep on going), exposing yourself to music for 30 continual minutes a day that is a little above your tolerance (which is actually part of a TRT program) to rehabituate yourself to normal sound levels. Sustained music at a higher decibels is a great way to take in sharper acute sounds at lower decibels. In the morning gently place your middle finger in your ear and massage the outer rim of the ear canal, perhaps for 30 seconds or so doing circular motions and yes applying a little bit of pressure not to much. Don't do it too much, your ears may not be so forgiving, but if possible try to do it a few times throughout the day. For ear pain/fogginess, try applying some Bengay all around the ear. I've applied a little into the ear (nothing into the ear canal, I don't do anything in their unless someone who has a PhD gives the green light) Try other things that involve loosening up the body, particularly the face. Looking around the internet I just see people complaining which is actually depressing. :( Go to a doctor, try things (that are benign don't do stupid experiments) If the nerves or muscles are tense or seemingly locked in place, there needs to be a way to loosen them up. I know in loud environments our ears will lock up and I think that contributes to the problem. I think ideally we need to first be comfortable with lower decibels before venturing into areas with greater decibels and variables that we can't control. But don't cut out sound, that is the worst. Developing a phobia may be inevitable to a certain degree but you don't have to make it worse and it can improve.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. shenandoah

shenandoah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Another thing I've recently discovered (FYI-I try all sorts of shit, some sticks most doesn't) that may seem to work. Haven't done it very long, but this pertains to those suffering from TTTS where even small, acute sounds seem to activate some strange fluttering/reverb/echo/broken speaker sound delay, especially with their own voice. Try plugging up one ear with an ear plug for awhile, and then to switch, maybe after an hour, or more or less. I don't have much advice from there, as to its efficacy, but when I do it, for whatever reason the symptom decreases significantly. TTTS occurs in both my ears, but just plugging up one seems to do something to the other, to the degree of diminishing its sensitivity. I'd like others to try it out and see what you all have to say. I've always hoped the internet would be a place where people exchange ideas of what has worked and what hasn't with their problems--but for whatever reason that isn't the case. Instead it can be just downright depressing where hopeless people sound off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      i have 16hours a day noise generators in my ears i helps but they most annoying ttts symtom is numbness in my face

12. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      Temporal relief for tensor tymani syndrome in H is paracetamol (depon) for 6 hours works for me.
      It removes temporary the ear pressure/pain.

Also for H with headache together > 80% oxygen works in 5 mins.

13. DutchGuy

DutchGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing, headphones
      @1MW
      What do you mean with 80% oxygen?

14. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      so I've had ttts for about a year now, everytime someone or myself would finish a spoken sentence my ear would pop, the same thing would happen at specific sounds and at every yawn. It was constant and pretty bad including occasional pain.
      It has improved pretty well over the year, and at a point it was hardly existing until I had a setback (standing infront of an alarm and smokemachines etc..) which I'm still recovering slowly but steadily from.
      It will slowly improve I know and in any case my reaction back in the start of thinking I had an insect buried inside my ear has turned into more of a shrug.

• Like Like x 1
    15. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      i mean 80% pure medical oxygen from compressed bottle (the bottle is usually at 200atm pressure when is full filled) the other 20% is atmospheric air (atmospheric air has only 20% oxygen).
      The 80% can be 50% to 90% doesn't matter a lot when you see result remove oxygen because more oxygen is toxic
      for the body and the brain.
      Get the least amount of oxygen to get relief don't breath all time medical oxygen...

16. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      I get my TTTS to go away temporarily by applying pressure on the spot next to my tragus with my index finger for about 15 seconds. After a couple of days, this seems to be working for longer intervals, I have now gone about 6 hrs without a click. My H and T remain unchanged though.