Whooshing When Lying in Bed

Discussion in 'Support' started by vites987, Jan 7, 2017.

1. vites987

vites987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For about a week, I've been hearing this whooshing sound in one ear. I only hear it in bed. I also can seem to cause the whoosh by tilting my head from side to side. It kinda sounds like air passing through. It sometimes goes with my pulse but I can cause it to happen as I said earlier.

I'm young and in my 20s and am wondering why this has suddenly popped up? I also seem to have neck problems in that I always need to crack my neck along with subtle neck pain. Anyone else with this?

2. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      That's how mine started out only it was very infrequent and only for a few minutes. Now I'm a total mess. O would recommend seeing a good chiropractor and getting your neck issues straightened out.

3. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I've had the whoosing sound in my left ear since my T started 7 years ago. It hasn't gotten any worse and I am not so anxious about it. I hear a whoosh when I feel the pressure or blood flow in my head change, eg. lying down in bed when turning my head or going from lying down to standing up. I think it is just a blood vessel near the ear. I'm sure I hear the blood flow during changes in pressure. It's annoying but it doesn't bother me too much. In my other ear I get a rumbling sensation after lying down but no tsure what that is. My ears do crazy things, but worst is still the high pitched electrical tinnitus,

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vites987

vites987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also figured out that when I press on the area behind the ear, I can reproduce the whooshing sound. Does this happen to you. The sound is not irritating at all and doesnt really annoy me, but I just don't want something serious to be behind the sound.

5. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Detox your body guys, control your blood sugar and beat Tinnitus.

I am astonished by the way most of T victims are misleaded...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vites987

vites987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Any other suggestions of what this might be?

7. Joshua b

Joshua b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Im experiencing the exact same thing!!! I can also press on my neck and hear the whooshing sound this mostly happens at night i thought it was Eustachian tube dysfunction because my ears popped when i swallowed but i dont know right now im having so much anxiety. Have you found the cause or what it is? If so can you please reply to me thank you

8. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I have the same thing. I had this before my T debutated. When I'm leaning forward I can hear this whooshing coming from my right ear. I had this an entire year before my T kicked in, I still have it. Are there any connection between the two?

9. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Whooshing is usually linked to pulsatile tinnitus. Something about the carotid artery being close to the auditory nerve. Movement can push the two closer together. I’m very much poorly paraphrasing the more detailed medical explanation.

However, @Joshua b, if it varies when you push on your neck, see an ENT or even a cardiologist. Blood pressure can make tinnitus louder, may be a good idea to have that checked.

10. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      The 2 weird symptoms I've had before T debutated are this one with the whoosing, and another thing I had for an entire year before my T debutated was the vibrating eardrum. When certain sounds made conntact with my right ear it would start vibrating. Sometimes I could make it vibrate myself by making an "ooooo" sound. Sometimes when I drank soda from a can it would start vibrating heavily at the right ear when I was opening my mouth to drink. Don't know if any of this 2 are connected to my T.

11. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I had a whooshing noise pretty loud at one point but I learnt to live with it by playing pink noise and funny enough if I plugged my ear I couldn’t hear it as much.

Gradually it went away and so far it hasn’t come back..
      weird

12. Joshua b

Joshua b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is it really pulsitle tinnitus because it doesnt match my heartbeat but goes in rythym some times and it ussually isnt constant i hear it for a couple seconds then it goes away then comes backs sometimes its one whoosh or pop at a time and thank you for relying

13. Joshua b

Joshua b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      BTW im only 16 and i developed tinnitus on december randomly searching the web i have 3 sounds i high pitched tone a mid pitched tone and a low pitched tone sounds weird but the low pitched tone i could only hear in silenece