Why Do Certain High Frequencies Give Me Instant Relief?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dja, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      I've been going through some weird discoveries lately. I used to go through spikes and feeling like crap but I've found out that the way my ear feels is based on what frequencies are around me. Not knowing this has made this quite painful but since I know all I do is play that frequency I've found to relief me and instantly the feel of discomfort is gone.

For example before I would search for relief and have a sore ear, thinking man I've really put too much pressure on my ear maybe I should let it rest, and I'd be going through a process of hoping it would go back to normal but it was always random. There was never really a clear cause of anything. Now however it doesn't matter how much strain I put on my ear through noise, it can feel terrible even but after hearing the specific frequency all the tension in my ear goes away and feel a great sense of relief.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just to follow up with a seperate post.

I think tinnitus is very much a mental condition that's caused by unpleasant sounds noises whether loud or not. I think sounds and frequencies definitely have a grave mental effect on us positive or negative. I may have heard a lot of negative ones in my life over a long period of time and I don't know, with this I get the feeling that the cure for what I have was finding a frequency that touches upon that mental spot exactly.

How else is it that frequencies make our ears do all types of crazy stuff without us being aware? All of it is unconscious, we do not control any of those complexities. All the ear does is catch a sound and adapts accordingly.

I think this is what's been the case with this whole finding from me. A specific frequency causes instant relief no matter what and I still don't understand it fully but I'm going to see where this goes for me.

3. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Found the mild tinnitus sufferer.

He lists his cause of tinnitus as fridges and fans lmao.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Go ahead and educate me please. That's what I'm here for.

5. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      when you open up with dismissing the suffering of millions I couldn't care less about changing your mind.

6. Arjay

Arjay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly ear cleaning but I'll never know for sure
      Ironically, reading posts about Tinnitus spikes my T. Really.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure how you took my comment but I was sincere with the question. I don't blame you for your reaction. It can be depressing. I can't lose hope until I'm defeated. Somewhere I just know there's a way to activate some sort of button.

8. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @Dja You reference a particular frequency that brings you relief. What is that frequency? I ask because some have suggested playing their tinnitus tone quiets their tinnitus if no more than a brief moment. In other words, are the two related?
      In any case, happy you have found some sense of relief. We all need something that works for us.
      Mike

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sorry man I myself hadn't been giving any time to the condition I have. With winter, Christmas and all that I got time off to do some research and learn so don't put too much weight on what I say all the time.

My point is that I retract my statement now since I've discovered something else. It wasn't the frequency which caused the relief per se, my right ear doesn't only have tinnitus but is distorted and muffled as well from hyperacusis I think

The thing which caused the relief I think was the ear losing its fear for noise or something. Maybe because I would listen to a high frequence, everything else wouldn't be registered as something alarming since I was going from something I'd consider very dangerous to something I'd only mildly worry about.

I think what I have with the muffled hearing is my ear being constantly tense, like as long as I'm awake it seems to be tense.

What also helps with the frequency played is that it adresses each ear seperatly and I think this was the biggest reason I felt relief. When it addresses the affected ear (right ear) it starts to feel some sort of relief, as if it's forced to face the fear head on.

I really think my ear is in this state right now because it had been tense in expecting irritation for way too long that it's been staying in that state ever since; always paying attention and catching the littlest sound. I have to retrain my ear to not worry about any sound anymore. Any sound literally, well under the damage level of course.

I'm gonna test something out the coming days. See if I can get my ear to become fearless. One ear on its own.