Why Do Some Tinnitus Sounds Calm Down After Sports or Resting?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hve, Mar 28, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. hve
      Artistic

hve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music and recently a simple cold made things really worse
      Hello, I have T since 2000, learned to live with it, but since a few weeks I experience new sounds which makes things really hard for me. I thought it was related to a a good winter cold and sinusitis. What's off is that one new sound seem to be rather low, I can only hear it when there's no noise at home but I found that for some reason when I'm sleeping and not moving my head that the sound disappears completely and as soon as I move my head it comes back and becomes louder. Same thing with sport, after 45 minutes of jogging it seems that the new T (around 1200hz) is gone for about 10 minutes and then comes gradually back, why is this while my initial T was chronic and always there even at rest ?

Is there hope the new intermittent sounds go away, or will these also be permanent ? I saw that for new sounds there's more hope they go away but I have the feeling it's actually getting worse, I really don't know what to do, other then accept and live for it, but it's really becoming hard with 3 different pitches in your head, one was really enough :sorry:

thanks,

Hans

2. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I'm the opposite. When I jog or walk for a few miles, my T increases until my body calms down and relaxes again. It's one of the reasons I unfortunately stopped exercising. I hated that increased T noise which would last a few hours after a good run/jog. I have about 3 sounds as well---loud EEE, washer/dryer sound, and a low hum noise too. For the most part I've learned to deal with it via masking noises, but I admit there are days where I lose the fight and end up staying late to fall asleep---kind of like tonight. Good luck to you.

3. hve
      Artistic

hve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music and recently a simple cold made things really worse
      I understand not always easy but we have to stay string! I should have been more clear, I have different T's at the same time one high pitch T is indeed harder after exercice but the new ones seem to react in a different way, really odd. Maybe I should stop, but I read that exercise is good for your health and T's in general so I continue. I just wish they made more progress on this on the medical side. I'm going to start meditation, because in my case I'm sure that stress, anxiety etc have a huge impact too, most people with T seem to have some form of stress and anxiety, so I think there's some work to do on that topic ;)

• Agree Agree x 1