Why Doesn't God Just Kill Me!

Discussion in 'Support' started by hurtingdream, Apr 1, 2016.

1. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I've had my spike for 4 months now. I thought I was getting. The last month and a half I've been doing good. Well I just woke up today with the most unbearable T. I can't mask it. I want to die. I can't live like this. I'm losing hope.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Maybe you can find a doctor that will try lidocaine and/or retigabine to lower your T. Might be worth a shot if you have a family doctor or ENT that knows of your condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      What if you wake up tomorrow and your spike is gone?
      I say give it some time. And if you need to, get some medication for the really tough days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hurtingdream

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      The ENT said it's ETD. I thought I was getting better but seems like I went straight to the beginning. I just took a valium for my anxiety.

5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hang in there, @hurtingdream. It's not uncommon for tinnitus to spike due to ETD. It will improve, though. I know its frustrating to feel like you have taken two steps back, but you will get better and be back at your baseline soon. If you need something your anxiety, I think its a good idea to take it, as you have done.

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. barnacle
      Worried

barnacle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise et al.
      Sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time. Mine spiked through tthe roof about two weeks ago and cannot mask at all (unless have music at dangerous level). If your's ETD related it might go down as ET begins to work better again. I'll be honest, and admit that I have become a bit desperate recently and pace up and down as if this will somehow help me escape the noises!
      But I think others have had bad spikes like us and got kind of use to eventually. In fact, I've found that I stopped noticing T today when I was absorbed ina conversation with an attractive and really sweet woman. I think if u can get out and do something which really engages you, this might help you get through this difficult time. We are having to endure trouble that most people would not dream about in their worst night mares. I think we need to be kind to ourselves, treat ourselves, reach ouyt for help from family, friends and others.
      Look after yourself and take care. And let me know how things are going if getr chance.
      Best wishes

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sorry your having a tough time with a spike.
      This is when we need to fight back with all the advice given and try not crumble into a nervous anxiety driven wreck.

Stay calm and keep sound on around you and some nice treats and maybe a glass of something nice .
      Medication for Anxiety can help relax you through a spike but watch you don't get hooked on them.

We are all here for you and you will get through this and find life is still worth living even with tinnitus .
      I know tinnitus can be real mental torture at times but push hard to fight back.
      A lovely walk can help and a relaxing bath too .....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Like others said, ETD can heal and the spike can settle down after ETD is over. Have you got some antibiotics for the ETD? One thing for sure is that stress and anxiety can aggravate T, so try your very best to stay calm and positive that the ETD induced spike will be over soon. Try to float some positive vision of better days ahead. T feeds on our bad emotions so try not to provide fuel for it to continue the tyranny.

Have you tried some of the high pitch nature sounds, such as shower, waterfall, cicadas, heavy rain, or even squeaky faucet sound? The objective of masking is not necessarily to over power T and cover it entirely. It is to provide other more soothing sounds so the auditory system can focus on them and distract the brain from zeroing on T. In fact we need to set the masking to slightly below the T so that we can train the brain to slowly get used to that ringing over time. Don't panic and don't despair. Give it some time. Try to take some meds or natural alternatives such as lemon balm, hops, valerian, chamomile etc. to calm your nerve and perhaps try melatonin to help sleep. Take good care. God bless.

• Like Like x 2
    9. steffievdboom

steffievdboom Member

Please stay calm and read all the comments... We know what you are going through...
      Take care and believe in yourself. You are strong and able to live with t iT just takes time.

10. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I too live in MI. and have the same type of days/months you are having now. I thought maybe you could find help here. I have not been there myself, but my ENT keeps urging me to go. I am 69 now so I just deal with it. I have other health issues a lot more serious.

http://www.uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/ear-nose-throat/hearing

:huganimation:

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hurtingdream

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate all the support! If it wasn't for this forum I don't think i would be here.

@billie48 I did take antibiotics a little over 2 months ago. The ENT said it can take months or even years for ETD to heal. I didn't get to sleep til 5 am last night so maybe that aggravated it. Since I took the valium I did get some sleep. It's still loud but I think it went down a notch.

12. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      I had a viscous bout with ETD that began last spring. right ear clogged up. couldn't swallow anything without having a terrible crackling in my ear. (like someone crushed a bag of chips) It has slowly improved to a point this year where it's nearly gone. I did have sinus surgery to clear myself out (I had a ton of polyps and my sinuses were terribly clogged up). But it's much, much better now. Ask your doctor about FESS surgery if you've got really bad sinus issues. I can't say for sure that that's what cleared up my ETD (it was already improving some prior to the surgery), but it got much, much better afterwards...

13. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @hurtingdream . I've had my spike now for two months super loud, lve had this loud tinnitus before and it has always returned to a level that I can cope with . And yours will to so stay strong on this bad spike that you are going through I know you are having a bad time. But you can only help yourself by staying positive we are all in this together you are not alone.

• Useful Useful x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hurtingdream

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      @gary Thank you for the info!

@eric peterson I never had sinus issues til I started smoking marijuana 4 yrs ago for anxiety. I quit 4 months ago. My ENT said because of all the smoke, my eustachian tubes became inflamed.

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hurtingdream

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      @Richard zurowski Thanks! I've been using the tinnitus therapy lite app. It seems to help.

16. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      Hang in there please! We're all here for you. I've had a bad spike with added sounds for more than a month now too. My phone noise apps work great and I can combine some of the noises together like a running stream/waterfall/white noise. Well wishes to you and others.