Why Is Tinnitus So Up and Down?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reece bude, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gig/Etd retracted full eardrum
      4 months in and my tinnitus is all over the place.

Had 4 days in a row where it pretty much was not there and now the last two days my right ear is ringing away again.

When I have a spike I lay in a quiet room and let it blare then it seems to settle down for a while, so weird! My ear still doesn't feel right even though the fluid had cleared, it snaps crackles when I breathe !

Does anyone who has had ETD with a retracted drum and fluid now how long the poxy thing takes to get back to normal ?!?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Reece bude You are new to tinnitus and what you're experiencing is not unusual, although no two people experience tinnitus quite the same. In my opinion it is not a good idea to stay in a quiet room and listen to your tinnitus. I know some people do this but I don't recommend it, as you are allowing the brain to focus more on it and the tinnitus can become more intrusive. It is better to have some low level non intrusive music such as classical playing in the background or better a sound machine. I have written a post: Tinnitus, A Personal View, that you might find helpful. The link is below.
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gig/Etd retracted full eardrum
      Thanks Michael I've had tinnitus before and it go down to a non noticeable level and am hoping this does the same !! Cruel mistress ATM for me I think it's on the right track and then bam for no reason it gets loud again , honestly I've had days of silence !!

4. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tamalak Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      If you've had days of silence that is a VERY good sign, T that goes away temporarily is more likely to go away for good.

5. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      T becoming intermittent is never a bad thing ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I was just about to wright the same thing :p

7. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Try keeping a food diary, the time you go to sleep every day and the time you wake up along with any vitamins, supplements, or medicines you take and at what time. Try that for a couple of months and see if you are able to find a pattern.

• Like Like x 1