Will I Have a Good Time Again?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Berenika, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Berenika

Berenika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello,

Time has come to introduce myself. I have had tinnitus since April 2017 and I would say it´s moderate. I am in my early 40ties and am also mum of a 9 year son.

Needless to say how t dramatically changed my life. I still suffer from anxiety and what the future brings...will it get worse...? Will I be strong enough to grow up my son? He deserves a strong mum...bud honestly I do struggle...I want my old me and my old life back...but..

My husband is also very supportive to me but I still do not cope well...

I have returned to work recently and next week I am going to see a psychiatrist because of my anxiety and panick attacks....

Right now I am not sure if I will be able to have a good and enjoyable life again..simply good times...

Too many questions...

P.S. Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Yes you will have happy times again and be a good mum, you will end up putting more energy into being a mum because you are so worried you can't.
      If it's not too loud you will habituate...on my lower days I do much better now so if it was always at that volume I could cope...but it's taken over a year.
      Stay strong, the first three months were horrible, I was off work, going back helped a lot...x

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are suffering from your tinnitus and that you are wondering if good life will be back. If you have a mild T as you posted, then it is highly likely you will have your good life back. You just need to learn some success strategies from this forum, and to apply them. Copy success. The rest is just time which is needed for your body to get used to this alien sensation. If you read the success stories, you will find that time + strategy or strategies will do wonder. Will good time be back? Just read the success stories enough and you will be convinced it is possible. Why? I did just that. After I developed ultra high pitch T and then severe hyperacusis, I suffered relentless anxiety and panic attacks and I was in a mess. I had to survive on drugs to keep me going for a while. Severe T + H was a nightmare to cope with. I never thought I could survive them. But never say never. Today I live a happy, normal, productive, and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story like others did and share some helpful strategies. If you like to find out the strategies, for brevity, here is the link to my story. Don't panic and don't despair. Stay positive and calm as much as you humanly can. Good life can be back. Believe it. Have hope. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Berenika

Berenika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks a lot:)

5. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      What is the opposite of coping? I mean like, would that be laying in bed or something. What does your t sound like btw?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Berenika

Berenika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My t has a metalic sound...dont know how to describe it exactly..
      By coping I meant to get used to the idea that it is a life condition...

7. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Berenika,

I have not been on the forum much, but I feel it will be good for me to talk to others that understand tinnitus. Also, maybe find some things that will help. I have adapted pretty well to my tinnitus, and that's not to say I don't try some things for it, mostly natural methods. I do believe in conventional medicines as well, just have not heard of anything that I trust to help the T itself. I do know about panic attacks, anxiety, and in the past (not now) some night terrors I call them.

What I really wanted to share with you is that you are among some folks here that know what you are dealing with. Maybe you and I both can find comfort, support, and some good things to try for our T. I wanted to tell you that I am doing very well whenever I am outdoors walking, or going grocery shopping, driving, just daily stuff;) I don't notice my T at all. I like to visit when I am out in public so I enjoy that. And it's not totally quiet, even in my car driving.

If it's too quiet, like at home, I have the TV on, or some music. Not, too loud though. I read that it's best to just turn the volume up gradually until it matches my T "volume" and it's then masked, can't hear the T. Also, I have a free app on my smartphone, and it's running as we speak. It's called Chrome Doze, and I got it from the Playstore. I am pretty sure IPhone, or Amazon Apps would have it too though?? Not sure.

Anyway, I love it because I can make/find different sounds that are comforting "for me" anyway because they sound like a fan, wind, even rain. But there are a lot of sounds you can play, although Chrome Doze used so little of my battery it can run all night and I sleep well.

I've adapted, but that's not to say some days I'll be crying because I feel I can't sit in a quiet group of people anymore. I use to like to go to a prayer meeting, bible study for example but realized the T was so loud over the quiet prayers, I could not pull my thoughts away from it. I'm supposed to show up for jury duty, which I will, but I am "panicking" a bit about that. I'll just be honest with them and maybe I can get out of it, if it's not cancelled.

Anyway, I'll try and be around more on the forums. I think having others that know what it's like is the best thing in the world for us, as well as learning how they have adapted, and things that have TRULY helped them;) Denise

• Winner Winner x 1
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      The metal quality of your T may mean you have some degree of hyperacusis. That was how I felt when I had severe H. The sound felt glassy and brittle, like someone scratching glass with metal piece right by my ears. So most normal sounds were piercingly hurtful. I didn't know what hit me until I read that this is H that was doing such strange thing to my hearing.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Berenika

Berenika Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It s not like scratching glass with metal...it sounds like i don t electricity...i am not sensitive to normal sounds. Tv, voices, flushing toilette...they don t hurt my ears...
      I am careful with my ears but I am trying not to overprotect them...

10. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @Sam Bridge what do you mean?
      My T can get very loud but if I think it's moderate. I can hear it in the car with the engine running very clearly it puts me off driving...

11. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      When people say they can't cope i just wonder what that means exactly.