Will It Get Louder Than This?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rozanna Lynch, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Rozanna Lynch

Rozanna Lynch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Surgery
      Hi I'm new here and I can see many people here suffer as I do . I have tried many things but nothing helps . I have had This since 2009 from two head surgery so but now the sounds are louder and I have new sounds that I never had befor...I really try not to focus on the sounds and I stay positive , I use a fan to sleep and that helps but once I'm asleep the sounds get louder and wake me up .

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Jovita1969

Jovita1969 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      My sound is not loud just hissing, i hope you get relief.

• Like Like x 1
    3. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I have loud hissing right now. Tinnitus is known to be very unpredictable and highly variable. I had a good quiet day 2 days or so ago, but then it resets upon awakening from a nap or in the morning after a nights sleep. Certain prescription drugs work for me some days and others not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @Rozanna Lynch,

I also have hissing, mixed with some ringing at times. T can vary and there is no way to predict what it will do, minute to minute. My difficulties lie in being almost deaf in my right ear. This adds another twist. Even with a hearing aid, noises sound weird, tinny and hollow, like holding a seashell to your ear all day. It's like half my head is not working. This combination of things, is very disturbing and difficult to habituate to.

Mornings are the worst and like just1morething mentioned, naps are killer! I don't nap anymore.

Can it get louder? Yes it can, but it also can get softer. Some very lucky people, even have it disappear completely. So, going forward, protect your ears. I see you dive, so you need to be very careful! My ENT, lost most of his hearing in one ear and got T, from ascending to quickly from a dive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rozanna Lynch

Rozanna Lynch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Surgery
      @Sailboardman I can no longer dive :( but I still snorkel and I never go deep... I am deaf in one ear and 47% in my good ear I also have Minears Disease but the two head surgerys help my verdigo now I deal with life different but I'm ok with everything I know sign language and I try to stay positive .. Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rozanna Lynch

Rozanna Lynch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Surgery
      @just1morething I don't take meds for my T but for my Menears I do ... I'm going to ask my Dr about it Thank you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rozanna Lynch

Rozanna Lynch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Surgery
      @Jovita1969 I'm happy you don't have it bad , I'm sure ever the hissing noise can get on your nerves.

8. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello Rosanna and welcome!
      I think your situation is very similar to that of @glynis here on the forum. You both seem to maintain a Positive attitude in spite of your serious health issues!

• Like Like x 1
    9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Roszanna,
      I have Menieres and had it a very long time.
      We have a Menieres thread on hear too.
      Lovely to read your post with positivity and not letting your Menieres rule your life.....lots of love glynis x