William Shatner Talks About His Tinnitus on Morning Joe

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Agatha, Feb 18, 2019.

1. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I watched the piece and found it interesting that when Morning Joe made the noise his wife covered her ears. I assume he's told the story many times and she's used to his dramatization noises.

The thing I gleaned from the interview is when Morning Joe said sometimes it gets better sometimes it gets worse but it's there all the time. That's about where I am.

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I really have no problem with it either. Many musicians, actors and many other famous people claim to have tinnitus yet I don't really see much talking with their wallets to fund research. Chris Martin, Will I Am and Shatner is all I remember publicly speaking about it. Obviously, the condition of tinnitus is serious to us but not enough to the outside world to warrant "real" research dollars.

The ATA has given out $6 million in research grants in almost 40 years. The U.S. Government pays out $2 billion a year for disability payments for veterans with tinnitus. You would think they would put some toward funding research to stop future disability payments.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. JohnAdams
      Greedy

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I'm sorry, but, who in their right mind actually watches Morning Joe?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    4. spedgas
      Gloomy

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just saw a commercial on television where William Shatner is promoting the Inogen One oxygen machine. It makes oxygen from the air so you aren’t tied down with an oxygen tank. He says you can live life on your own terms with this device.

Due to tinnitus I’m sure not living life on my own terms.

Too bad he can’t put this much effort into tinnitus issues. I guess the price was right.

5. annV
      Fine

annV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Mr. Shatner does not do anything if it doesn't stroke his ego, or if he doesn't get paid a sweet sum of money.

He gives jack shit about tinnitus. Have you seen his tweets? His usual response is "habituation"

• Agree Agree x 2