Work from Home Opportunities. Advice?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vermillion, Feb 23, 2019.

1. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Greetings,

Have anybody managed to achieve that? If yes, I would like to connect for a chat.
      Ideas, advice would be much appreciated. Maybe pm me any useful links or if somebody can connect me with any company that provides vacancies of this kind.
      For the obvious reasons, I cannot follow outdoor activities but I need an income.

Thank you in advance.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What skills do you have? What have been your previous jobs? My friend told me about this site called People Per Hour where she is now managing to make her living after losing her job due to ill health. But she has a specific artistic skill. If you’re looking for work that doesn’t require any particular skills or much training, I believe there are quite a few calling from home jobs out there.

3. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Like what?
      I have some skills with computers - but, probably not sufficient for self-employment although I'd like to offer my abilities to someone if they are sufficient and I am willing to learn.

What jobs do people do with tinnitus? I am especially asking those who say they have loud sounds/noises and debilitating tinnitus - because I believe I have that although I am praying it's improving or will improve - fade away, is my wish/hope/dream - even if it requires a miracle.

I was working at a factory and can't see myself going back. A) I'd be so paranoid, B) I don't think I could concentrate/focus with my tinnitus the way it is and C) if I ever did improve sufficiently, I wouldn't want to risk it returning if I ever heard a loud noise - despite the fact you wear hearing protection at such jobs/occupations/job sites.

I think I would need a 'career change' and to pursue work/employment in a new field altogether although that will be quite a challenge, too - both because of it requires not just the career/job change but because of mental health reasons.