Working Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by CapedCrusader2, Feb 10, 2016.

1. CapedCrusader2
      Inspired

CapedCrusader2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Anxiety
      Yesterday I went to the gym. It's been awhile since I worked out and am looking forward to getting back into it. Something weird happened though. When I was really into my workout and doing some more demanding exercises my left ear (the one effected the most by T) felt clogged and blocked up. My ear felt plugged and when I spoke it sounded as if my ear was filled with water. This went away if I rubbed my ear a bit but quickly returned. It finally went away for good about 15min after I finished working out. What had happened?

2. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Maybe blood pressure?,

Check your blood pressure regularly, and try to catch any no normal reading.

I used to be super fat before my T (when my T became more noticeble, i started to lose weight in order to by healthier), and when i was exhausted, mainly after sex, i used to feel my ears very clogged.

The funny, everytime I went to doc, my readings was normal 120/80, but one time, we just catch it at 160/100. I bought an electronic blood preasure and learned that my blood preasure was fine most of the time, but increased for hours with certain types of activities or stress.

Regards,
      Jonnatan.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CapedCrusader2
      Inspired

CapedCrusader2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Anxiety
      Hmm, it's not a bad idea but I really doubt that's my issue. I would describe myself as a hypochondriac and prior to T I was doing a lot of tests to check just about everything. As you can imagine this included blood pressure which always came up fine. Also I'm 18 years old and in fairly good shape.

4. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      A colleague of mine has that the same thing after doing sports. He had T for some years probably due to sinus problems. It went away in the end he says. He still has mild vertigo from time to time. His ear always cloggs after a workout, but he doesn't think much of it. So, it's not necessarily a bad sign..

• Like Like x 1
    5. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Story of my life men. Now I have it mostly at bay... but you know, I've had couple of deadly illness in my life.

A funny story, years ago (when i was streesed as hell because of finantials, health, etc), I went to Dr because i had a flu, then he tested my Oxygen levels, and I did not pay much attention. At home I started to review the doctor notes in the sheet, i saw the oxygen readings, and i started to search online (internet is the worst friend of hypochondriacs jaja) an I found that leveles below 95% are not good... I watched the sheet again and I read 82%!!

Damn! I was dying for sure!, I told my wife, putting my shoes on to go to ER, the She read the numbers and said... Emmm. Johnny it is not 82%, it says 98%.... the damn Dr wrote the O as an 8 and the 8 as a %.

My wife and I had a really big laugh then.

It hits me in periods of time when I'm very stressed, but I now handle it very well and it is not a problem (most of the time jaja).

Hypochondriac is not a problem of being coward, or having a weak mind, it is just that we have some kind of switch activated in our heads. I have suffered from robbery and they put a gun in my head and i felt no fear, I have a strong personality and feel I'm brave most of the situations.... but talking about health i became in a little puppy that need my wife around to take care, jaja.

Regards,
      Johnny.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CapedCrusader2
      Inspired

CapedCrusader2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Anxiety
      Well it's good to hear from someone who can relate! I'm younger so I don't have as many stories but in the past few months I was 100% convinced I had cancer, followed by IBS, then I though I had a heart attack. All of those things are not true and I am totally healthy but then in the midst of it all, tinnitus shows up. I'm a month and a half into T and I'm still convinced it's all in my head. Seeing as, like all my other ailments, the Doctors are telling me there is nothing wrong (no hearing loss!)