Worried About a Big Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beessie, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? + badluck? Clubbing? IDK!
      Hi people,

So here I am, 9 months into Tinnitus and the last month it bothers me a lot again, after 4 reasonable months. This week I had a sore throat for 3 days and 40 degrees fever for one day. Today I was feeling better so worked again and after that I went for a movie in the cinema.

All of a sudden my Tinnitus spikes in the middle of the movie, the volume of the movie wasn't loud so no need to wore earplugs, have them with me always. This spike is really insane it is like 40-50db going off in my head ( in the upper left corner of my auditory cortex, as it seems to me). When I put my finger in my left ear I can still hear my normal Tinnitus which is around 20db and clearly hear the spike in my cortex.

Is it possible this is caused by the fever and it is just a temporary reaction of my brain?

I am really scared at the moment, it is almost 6:00 AM and I just cant sleep:(... Hopefully it will settle down quickly.

Bas.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Still the same ?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I'm sure it's from the virus and fever .
      Our heady get wuzzy from a fever and our ears are the last part to clear of a infection or virus .
      A mucous linctus, steam inhalation will help clear your head and tubes and help shift and unwanted mucous .
      Lots of long soaks in the bath and spoil yourself with some nice treats and im sure over the weekend you will start to pick up....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Gosia still the same the T is really blazing on my cortex!! It is so loud, half-panic mode now:(

@glynis Thank you again for your time, it means a lot to me!! What worries me is that it seems nothing to do with my ears although that is how I feel, my ears feel normal, only yesterday morning they were a bit full including the area around my ears in my head.

Well I will take a good bath tonight and get a nice massage tomorrow to relax a bit I will google for the other things you mentioned.

Thank you alot both!!

5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I hear you, I'm going thru the same now, more less..I hope for both of us such sudden spikes for no good reason calm down in time. Let's go prepare this bath

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, I was sick so hopefully it has some something to do with that, slept for 3 hours tonight so that is also not working properly for T although overly active neurons doesnt seems logical to me..

Well who knows, we gotta hold on and live our lives! Going to start with TRT 2.0 soon probally, have an appointment on the 5th of October. .

All the best Gosia, let me know if things settle back down for you.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tinnitus confirmed strange, on monday everything back to normal.. It is even softer than before the T spike.. I dont get it anymore. Anyway thank you for your knowlegde @glynis

• Like Like x 1
    8. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That's good news anyway. Hope it stays low from now on.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I seem to have come back to baseline too..12 days it took however. The longest spike I've had and a real trauma, but now..it's really low..high five @Beessie

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High five bro, lets hope for the best @Gosia

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Bro :) ? I'm a woman :) However, my happiness didn't last long - a f...ing metal window slammed maybe 1 m away from me today. As if I just couldn't be calm and happy ( as much as I can be with T ) for at least one full day ! Every place is almost like a death trap. If I had a nice house instead of a nasty flat, I guess I'd just stay there to be safe.

12. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hang in there. You've already toughed out so much. Just shows you're not the wimp that perhaps you thought or sometimes others might think you are who haven't experienced these problems.

13. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      Huzzah! thanks for reposting your condition. Helps to know these sick spikes pass. As if being sick wasn't enough.