Worried... Advice Needed... Is This Likely to Improve Over Time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by chris j, Apr 23, 2018.

1. chris j

chris j Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29th March
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi all, I am new to this site. I went to a concert 4 weeks ago and have a dull ache and pain in my right ear. Immediately after the gig my right ear sounded distorted. I have since had a mixture of a high tone or a whoosh sound in the right ear. It has not improved and has actually got worse despite me not exposing myself to loud sounds. Been docs and ear does not look bad but the ringing is now constant and really high pitched in my right ear / head and right ear has a dull ache and is uncomfortable.

Hearing test done and right ear not as good as left, overall ok but there is signs of noise induced damage.

Is this likely to improve over time? It's driving me mad and getting me down. any help or advice would be appreciated.

chris

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      chris j

chris j Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29th March
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      BTW I am 37 years old and do not regularly expose my ears to loud sounds. thanks in advance

3. Sash
      Doubtful

Sash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      cleaning out wax
      My Tinnitus hasn't improved but has slightly worsen It is not possible to isolate yourself from all sounds hence I have tried to protect where possible when going to nightclubs though I try only going once a month now. I knew I could get tinnitus at some point in my life as I listen to music regularly.

You get used to and becomes manageable over time- just little irritating.

Its only been three months but cannot see the day when I have no tinnitus so just have to ignore it. There are worse thing that can happen.

4. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Yes...hopefully it will improve with time. I would see an ENT soon to see if he recomends steroids.