Worse When Lying in Bed

Discussion in 'Support' started by Laurix, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Laurix
      Haunting

Laurix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there,
      So one month ago I had these episodes of hydrops cochlear what fortunately have vanished, but I got left with a hissing in both ears that I can only hear very mildly when I go to bed, but especially when I wake up, the moment I open my eyes I feel like I'm under water. What's the reason behind this? Is it related to neck or tmj issues? Any insight? Thank you very much.

2. LukeYoung
      Fine

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      So do you already have tinnitus or are you asking if you may have it?

I know a lot of people have higher noise at bed time. Probably due to change in blood pressure in the head.

3. Laurix
      Haunting

Laurix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I hear a constant but very mild hissing during the day, but I have to focus (and be in complete silence) to actually notice it, but when I wake up, normally after 7 hours of sleep, the hissing gets louder and I feel surrounded by it. Even if I take a nap of 20 minutes or so, I hear the hissing. Therefore I think it can be related to posture, or neck issues. Thanks for the blood pressure insight.

4. LukeYoung
      Fine

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Yeah I like to think that posture and pasitioning of the head can attribute to how loud or quiet it is..

5. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Try this: Lay down in bed for 20 minutes. If the hissing does not happen but does happen when you take a 20 minute nap perhaps something is going on in your brain during sleep to cause the hissing to increase.

6. strato2009

strato2009 Member

I have it worse in the morning and have read other people, too. It's probably due to blood circulation and/or oxygen levels being different vs. standing up

7. Laurix
      Haunting

Laurix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yep, sleep increases my T....ok, now I feel bad.

8. billaro4
      Balanced

billaro4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      slower blood flow perhaps... hence relaxation, ginko, exercise helping...?